Total Newbie seeking Answer

Have the game for few days now and I am totally hooked , wonder what it take me so long to get this

Is there any plan to release a different era of war like American civil war or napoleon or even a modern warfare ........

Off to Battle of Guadalcanal now after beating the AL in Battle of the Philippines in every difficulty settings

Cheers

PK

Sure doesn't take long to get hooked just like the rest of us eh Panzerkiller? What can I say everybody that was working on this title really outdid themselves.

If people on this team ever went away from standard WWII, I'd like to see them go to the American Revoultion, but then again I'm biased because I would like to play a game in which I could lead to the creation of America. Nothing against the Brits though.

WW1 is by far IMHO the biggest possible attraction outside of WW2. Simply because there is just one out there and it is not that good.

So you have a whole market that has nothing to play and the SC engine is easily made to adapt to WW1 more than anything.

WW1 had air power although it was very limited. Seeing how players would use it would be very interesting.

yes, I'm sure it would be the easiest, but if you wanted to you probably could design a WWI campagin from the editor by yourself. So if that's the case people probably wouldn't be as interested in it, and then there is little reason to make it in the first place. Personally though I would much rather see a WWII global theater campagin before I see anything else come up from the SC team.

yes, I'm sure it would be the easiest, but if you wanted to you probably could design a WWI campagin from the editor by yourself. So if that's the case people probably wouldn't be as interested in it, and then there is little reason to make it in the first place. Personally though I would much rather see a WWII global theater campagin before I see anything else come up from the SC team.

You can do everything suggested here with the editor.

All of them would require extensive work and for them to be of good quality we are talking full time work (images, scripts, maps, icons, research) and if you have Hubert working on anything you know the AI code always gets better :) .

Yes, a WWII global theater campaign would be very nice indeed. Scale would be a big challenge. If you make it the same scale as SC PT, then turns would take a very long time especially for the AI! If you scale it down, it would present many problems with all the small islands and the battles in mainland SE Asia would not be as interesting as their would be little room for maneuver.

Still, it would be hands down the best Global WWII game out there and would actually get completed in our lifetimes (unlike MWIF :) ).

Yes, a WWII global theater campaign would be very nice indeed. Scale would be a big challenge. If you make it the same scale as SC PT, then turns would take a very long time especially for the AI! If you scale it down, it would present many problems with all the small islands and the battles in mainland SE Asia would not be as interesting as their would be little room for maneuver.

Still, it would be hands down the best Global WWII game out there and would actually get completed in our lifetimes (unlike MWIF :) ).

Well I'm sure a global expansion is in the making, judging from earlier statements. However why not shock us all by going back to hexes for this release?

I don't see any need to go back to hexes. The point my posts were trying to make was what if the SC team went away from WWII all together. In honesty though I think (think being the key word because I haven't been told anything from the SC team) that we will see a Global theater campagin before we will see anything else. It's just what comes after that... I suppose you could do a global post WWII campagin, but what's after that, and so on...

Boy this topic has really taken off. From a newbie's question to the talking of the next game of the series. I guess were just going to have to wait, and see what Hubert Cater and company are going to put out there.

Out of curiosity though who was the one that decided to move from traditional Europe to Asia and the Pacific? I forget who he is now. I'm pretty sure though it wasn't Hubert although of course he went along with the good idea. In other words who first mentioned the idea of the Pacific theater?