Could we get back the old Humvee?

I brought this up awhile ago with BFC and after some debate (argument) their reasoning was some 5,000+ Frag-5 Humvee armor kits are being produced & retrofitted. The oldstyle armor will be a thing of the past very quickly. The Frag-5 kit wasn't just an upgrade, it fixed actual dangers with the original door armor design. So the game went 100% Frag-5 Kit... and with that a really nice all green Humvee mod of mine became obsolete :(:rolleyes:

This raises the tricky question that has been discussed without conclussion before, at what stage do BFC draw the line with upgrading CMSF equipment.

If older vehicles/aircraft/weapons aren't replaced as new equipment comes into service the game suddenly looks dated. This is not a problem with WW2 titles but the modern theatre is obviously different.

You can always tell yourself that the game is based on a hypothetical war in the 2008-09 timeframe but I don't think this will stop people complaining when they can't use the latest gear on the battlefield.

Denwad and Clavicula_Nox,

In his last Iraq combat assignment before returning to the States for retirement, my brother, SFC George Kettler, ran the TOC radios for the first Stryker Brigade to see combat (I forget designation, but out of Ft. Lewis), and his stake bed Hummvee carried a big AC unit used to keep the TOC cool for the computers and radios.

Regards,

John Kettler