Painted Weapons Mod on Cmmods

Normal Dude shouldn't you be completing your task force panther campaign? J/k awesome work with the weapons mod. :)

I made it while I waiting for word on the bug. If it couldn't be fixed, I was going to cancel the campaign and release the surviving scenarios are stand-alones. Consequently, I refused to do work on it until I knew what was happening. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads-up, version 3 is soon to be completed. The painted weapons will be as sharp as the originals were, some pattern discontinuities will be fixed, and there will be multiple new patterns. The M107 and M32 will also be camo'd (There will also be a solid green and solid black M32 versions to go with the tan).

Done!

So, I now have one base and two stripe colors for the weapons. Each can be turned off, as well as combined together. Each has 30 different colors. That is for all practical purposes, an unlimited amount of color combos you can do.

I am now taking requests for color patterns that you want to see.

Here are some samples of what is possible:

80780533fp8.jpg

54155651qc5.jpg

31782512ba4.jpg

80263385jj8.jpg

I'm a bit confused regarding what this mod does exactly.

For instance, is it capable of MIXING up different types of paint jobs so that the units have a more individualized appearance, or...?

Also, I'd like some clarification in regards to actual practice. Does the Corp. or Army sanction the painting of their firearms, and if they do, is there a certain camouflage pattern that's officially endorsed and practiced, or...?

From the photograph's I've seen, it doesn't seem like all too many troops carry around painted assault rifles, and if they do, it doesn't appear that they've been painted in a particular pattern that's uniform for the squad. But maybe that's starting to change? If so, please supply whatever details are known.

Thanks!

I'm a bit confused regarding what this mod does exactly.

It paints weapons.

For instance, is it capable of MIXING up different types of paint jobs so that the units have a more individualized appearance, or...?

Not really. Weapons in the game cannot be individualized like gear can. If I designate a paint job for the M4, then all M4s in the game will have that paint job. You could use a different one for an M-16, however. What it does allow is colors to be mixed and matched so that I can take requests for specific schemes. The file you get on cmmods does not allow this (because it's a photoshop file and pretty darned big).

Also, I'd like some clarification in regards to actual practice. Does the Corp. or Army sanction the painting of their firearms, and if they do, is there a certain camouflage pattern that's officially endorsed and practiced, or...?

From the photograph's I've seen, it doesn't seem like all too many troops carry around painted assault rifles, and if they do, it doesn't appear that they've been painted in a particular pattern that's uniform for the squad. But maybe that's starting to change? If so, please supply whatever details are known.

Thanks!

The majority do not paint their weapons. AFAIK, there is no sanction on painting anything. "Big Army" looks down on those kinds of things. The people who usually paint weapons are scouts, snipers, and special ops, although others do it on occasion as well. I have never encountered two people with the exact same paint job.