Marines Amphibious landing scenario now at CMmods

Morning all

smoke_and_mirrors.jpg

From the Halls of Montzuma is now up at www.cmmods.com.

Elements of the 3rd MEU assualt beaches on the Syrian Mediterranean coast, before moving to secure important harbour facilities.

Blue vs AI only, requires the Marine module.

Includes amended textures and design notes, so file size 11MB

Enjoy, feedback always welcome

Morning all

smoke_and_mirrors.jpg

From the Halls of Montzuma is now up at www.cmmods.com.

Elements of the 3rd MEU assualt beaches on the Syrian Mediterranean coast, before moving to secure important harbour facilities.

Blue vs AI only, requires the Marine module.

Includes amended textures and design notes, so file size 11MB

Enjoy, feedback always welcome

How about the 13th MEU? There is not a 3rd MEU in existence.

Not every mission should be about the MEUs as well, as they are really for their specific mission sets. An amphibious MEB would be organized for more sustained combat operations. In the campaign, the 26th MEU(SOC), the core unit, is attached to the 2nd MEB, the main Marine combat element. The 15th MEU remains afloat as theater reserve and SOF support. There is plenty of information how the Marine Corps organizes its Marine Air Ground Task Forces (MAGTF's) on wikipedia and other sources.

Nice work!

For those seeking even greater immersion on their beach holiday, I highly recommend you Google "surf" and ".wav". You can quickly find a nice soothing surf loop to play on your media player of choice together with the game ambient sounds.

You can also alt+Tab to turn down the volume as the action moves inland (although alt+Tabbing sometimes crashes my game -- so save early and often)

For urban streetfights, I've also played mp3s of adhans (Muslim calls to prayer -- see Wikipedia and its external links for mp3s) for city fights. Play 3-4 at once for an utterly bone-chilling cacophony to backdrop your city fight... WARNING: may induce flashbacks in Iraq vets.

In an ideal world, we'd be able to "embed" ambient sound files -- radio chatter, Arabic music, adhan calls, etc. in specific objects. But that's probably way way down on Charles' "gotta do" list, and what I've described above works pretty well.

Nice work!

For those seeking even greater immersion on their beach holiday, I highly recommend you Google "surf" and ".wav". You can quickly find a nice soothing surf loop to play on your media player of choice together with the game ambient sounds.

You can also alt+Tab to turn down the volume as the action moves inland (although alt+Tabbing sometimes crashes my game -- so save early and often)

For urban streetfights, I've also played mp3s of adhans (Muslim calls to prayer -- see Wikipedia and its external links for mp3s) for city fights. Play 3-4 at once for an utterly bone-chilling cacophony to backdrop your city fight... WARNING: may induce flashbacks in Iraq vets.

In an ideal world, we'd be able to "embed" ambient sound files -- radio chatter, Arabic music, adhan calls, etc. in specific objects. But that's probably way way down on Charles' "gotta do" list, and what I've described above works pretty well.

I have suggested to this Steve before and I think that if this level of functionality could be added to the scenario editor, it would be truly great for the game.

Matt actually stated he'd made a design for this for CMSF. It just hasn't been implemented, or they weren't able too, or something. He did post about it.

BTW excellent suggestion on playing other sounds over a media player.

Pete, nice work looks really great.

Mord.