Marines PBEM Challenge thread

Sivodsi

Come on guys, enough of this SP ego masterbation. You can beat the AI, and its cool trying out the new toys. But can it be described as 'fun'? Well, maybe it is 'quite' fun, but what's the big deal about humiliating your 'puter?

Pah! Why keep the satisfaction to yourself when you can revel in the satisfaction of thrashing a live, and apparently breathing, human? Over a period of weeks or even months? That's where this game really comes alive.

Get some real satisfaction, play a human.

I'm willing to take on any side in any scenario or QB, so long as its 'Marines'. I haven't looked at any of them yet so you can be sure that I'll be playing without prior knowledge.

Send me an e-mail via my profile.

See you on the battlefield!

Thanks for your post Comrade Fat Daveski,

I've already got myself a couple of opponents brave enough to put their ego and sanity on the line before my all-conquering forces, so I'm okay for now.

Such trifles as you mention can be frustrating, but affect both players equally in the long run (and, just out of interest, I thought most such issues had been cleared up in the latest patch - what evidence do you have that they are still present? [Edit to add: just seen the thread about the ammo bug still being present, disappointing, but not a fatal bug. Most of my bmps don't last long enough to use up their missiles anyway!)].

In any case, PBEMing is too much fun to put aside 'until the game is perfect'. The game never will be 'perfect' and such players are just using this as an excuse not to risk 'losing'. Such people place too much weight on the end result and I'd rather not play them anyway. I like PBEMing because it forces a gradual development of the game and I can interact with my opponent every move. Even if I lose I still have a good time, as long as a good-natured banter can be maintained.

Woops, my attention wandered there. Apologies for the rant.

Any other players up for a PBEM blast should do as Scipo suggests and sign up at his "united wargamers" site. A great place for meeting opponents in all sorts of games.

left you an email if the offer is still open.

I playtested most of the scenarios, but would be open for a not-too-big/not-too-long QB.

Thanks, but alas, my books are full. I'd love to do more but daren't if I ever want to get any work done. I'd love to play you later, if poss though.

Perhaps someone else would like to get a PBEM battle underway with Sgt Joch?

Ah Sivodsi...excuse the 'ski' no idea where I thought I saw that in your name :D

Not a prob! I thought it was funny.

OK, will sign up once you are free from current PBEM duties :)

If you hang around this thread someone might challenge you to a game (hint hint).

Id be interested to know how a Marines vs Army PBEM goes.

Sorry, but I'm not into writing AARs for now, not enough time. Just got a whole crapload dumped on me and now have barely enough time to keep my regular PBEMs going.

Hey, you're a Dave, Fat Dave is a Dave, why don't you Daves play each other in an Army vs Marines QB or scenario and do an AAR? :D That would make everybody satisfied, no? And make the world a happier place?

(oh yeah, I'm a Dave too)

HA! there is a Cheech and Chong sketch just waiting to be butchered here...but I will resist :D

Sivodsi, I am not too keen on an Blue on Blue type of scrap, at the moment I am trying to find a way of how to play as Red against these killer Devil Dogs, currently I need arty and a lot of lead...but they just keep on coming!

• 2 weeks later...

anyone wanna PBEM for my first non AI game since CMSF release ;)

I'd be happy by any scenario, preferably playing Blue cause I will probably be a poor level opponent and the US army I know alittle bit more than syrian's.

After this Marines module and the 1.10 version I guess I will enjoy a PBEM.

I could play around everyday including WE.

please contact me at :

alokomac |at| gmail |.| com

thanks !

I'd be up for a PBEM battle with someone although I can only get dial-up where I live so I should avoid maps that create large save files. Although I'm not familiar with the whole process so I don't know how large the files are hopefully not as big as regular saves.

If anyone wants a challenge against a CMSF PBEM virgin then let me know.