Protector

eniced73

Would the javelin and hellfire versions still need to be loaded by hand though?

It sure looks like it. I suppose if you need to use those weapons the threat would be some distance off, and it wouldn't be as dodgy as when the danger is closer in.

However, I'v noticed that BMPs are in danger of losing a member whenever they try to reload their missiles in the scenario that I've been PBEMing recently.

eniced73,

Ah Kongsberg! The people who with Toshiba sold out one of the U.S.'s best weapon technologies: how to make quiet submarine propellers--to the Russians during the Cold War! Looks like they're back in official good graces (defense contractors are never out long) and peddling interesting wares. The reloadable Javelin unit with permanent CLU

intrigues me. Useful site for grogs and modelers.

Regards,

John Kettler

The M151 version carries the M2 etc and is used on the strykers - but the NM221 does the same job but can be loaded from under the armour - why wasn't this used instead? Most of the customers have gone for the former for some reason. Maybe its not so compatible? Something to do with having to have a larger access into the vehicle? It would increse stryker ability no end in my opinion, with the crew safe when reloading.

Do you actually have something to discuss?

This company is making these systems in my hometown. They are actually hiring and I was checking out the website. Came across this information and thought it would be interesting (as John says) for grogs or modelers. Did not think I needed to bore everyone with these useless details so I just posted the link.