For you students of global climate change--some explanations

John Kettler

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you write that? If so, kudos on the research! If not, where did you get it please?

You haven't come across Muse? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!? Geesh.. well, if I must.. but don't come padding over here with wlld stories of catastrophes and get over-conspiratorial and stuff 'cause we'll just air guitar.. recommeded in concert.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muse_(band)

"I used "ostensible" to show that there was the original topic of the thread and then what it has become. "

Well, you might of used it incorrectly.

You might like this story;

Man 'roused from coma' by a magnetic field

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20026783.400

It is almost common knowledge about iron being in our bodies, btw.

And no doubt in a massive Earthquake, everyone is going to be shook up and jittery.

No Behavioral Response of Elephants to Tsunami

"After the Asian tsunami on December 26, 2004, some news articles claimed a "sixth sense" forewarned animals of the approaching wave, allowing them to flee to safety (see National Geographic News). Animals’ ability to detect infrasound or seismic vibrations could explain such a behavioral phenomenon. Elephants are known to respond to infrasound and ground-borne vibrations (see sources). Yet we found no evidence of flight behavior when comparing movement patterns of two radiocollared elephants before, during, and after the tsunami in Yala National Park on Sri Lanka’s southeast coast, one of the areas most affected....

...Our movement data suggest no flight behavior by either elephant prior to or during the tsunami’s impact. The female even moved toward the beach, not inland."

Brazil's star player Ronaldo played poorly, having a mysterious fit the night before and many questioned his reinstatement in the starting lineup.
Wiki regarding World Cup 1988

I considered this very fortunate for the French and even in 1988 thought of sub-sonic sound [rather than drugs] as a possible cause. State morale is perhaps too important to be left to chance when one is so close to a championship.

I have long felt that acoustics is a somewhat neglected area. Today of course the EU pointed out how easy it is to damage hearing using I-pods - something you think would have been noticed about 5 years ago. France were of course the first country to kick up on it banning Apple from selling them until there was a limiter.

Wilhammer,

There are multiple definitions, one of which fits what I describe. I had a purpose for this thread, but since the thread was hijacked, it has now become about something else.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ostensible

Adj. 1. ostensible - appearing as such but not necessarily so; "for all his apparent wealth he had no money to pay the rent"; "the committee investigated some apparent discrepancies"; "the ostensible truth of their theories"; "his seeming honesty"

BTW, if you're going to challenge me in this area, it's "might've," short for "might have," rather than what you wrote. OTOH, nice link! Given the amount of upheaval on the planet (pull the NEIC lists for October 11 and 12), I think it would be most interesting to see what the infrasound spectral plot looks like, as well as the signal strength at various bioactive and psychoactive frequencies.

Yeknodathon,

Can't know everything, at least before Gnosis and a bunch of equivalent terms from around the world. As it turns out, in a weird bit of synchronicity, my nephew had mentioned Muse to me, but I've had such a crazy sleep cycle that the matter quite escaped me. Shall definitely look into it. My nephew thought I'd be most interested.

JonS,

I've seen enough of your posts to know you're perfectly capable of being helpful and polite, yet you seem to go out of your way to be both unhelpful and insulting in your interactions with me. Why is that?

Wicky,

Hadn't seen that before, and am not quite sure what to make of it. Sample size is way too small to draw any sweeping conclusions.

dieseltaylor and Stalin's Organist,

Even back in the 1980s, the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force was having a terrible time recruiting enough sonar operators because the recruit pool grew up listening to rock and heavy metal mostly on headphones, the result of tiny Japanese apartments. When they weren't on 'phones, their ears were practically in the speakers. Either way, the vital hearing sensitivity we saw Jonesie exhibit in the film The Hunt for the Red October is very hard to come by there. Walkmans and similar only made the problem worse by increasing the dwell time of the high dB exposures.

Regards,

John Kettler