New book - TANK MEN - worth reading

Check it out

http://http://www.amazon.com/Tank-Men-Robert-J-Kershaw/dp/0340923474/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218311210&sr=8-1

Charts the training and combat experience of tank crews from US, UK, Germany and the USSR from the first tanks through to the Eastern Front, Desert and Tunisia and the war in Europe. Eye witness accounts of combat from the crews angle. be warned though some accounts are very graphic.

Cheers fur noo

George

George MC,

Looks absolutely terrific, and I'm now dying to read his other book on Market-Garden as seen through German eyes. Must say I find the cover pic on TANK MEN to be an odd choice. A Cromwell CS? Oy!

Der Alte Fritz,

Appreciate the link and was wondering whether you by chance/plan happen to blog on, say, the tactical frontage of a Russian Napoleonic battery and fight fierce battles for the possession of candy stores against young ladies in strange chapeaux? If yes, good for you! If no, someone else has the same handle.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 1 month later...

I picked up this book (the hard cover edition) a few weeks ago and almost finished reading it. Besides numerous spelling and grammar mistakes, (editor, what were you doing?!) Its a real good read and gives some very vivid descriptions of tank battles and whats going inside these metal beasts

Lots of personal accounts of action as well as some pretty gruesome descriptions of fighting and casulties.. warning for the squeamish

Overall, a good read perhaps a little heavy on the british side but oh well. Check it out if you have the chance