GUI Questions

I'm looking at the demo to see if I want to buy. A couple things came up and can't find an answer:

Is there any way to increase the font size in the briefing? It's so small I can barely see it.

Is there any way to assign keys to the numpad? Being left handed this would be perfect for camera functions.

Is it possible to add the six keys like "page up" and "page down" to a function?

Thanks.

Well, after playing around with it a couple of hours, I'm not so sure I'm going to buy it. Actually it makes me appreciate cmak all the more. I can see where this is better in some ways but they should have left the gui and font size alone. I'm going to play a bit longer, but at this point I don't think so. I guess that's what demos are for.

Well, after playing around with it a couple of hours, I'm not so sure I'm going to buy it. Actually it makes me appreciate cmak all the more. I can see where this is better in some ways but they should have left the gui and font size alone. I'm going to play a bit longer, but at this point I don't think so. I guess that's what demos are for.

You will not buy it because of the font size??! :confused:

Anyway, I guess there will be some kind of demo for the Marines module.

Perhaps you should wait for this one and base your decision thereupon. Clearly, the work of the past months led to improvements in many areas!

Best regards,

Thomm

Look guys, you either agree with a certain point or you don't. Both is fine, but don't mock others because of their opinion.

I personally don't have a big problem with the briefing screen, but I guess it could have been made a bit nicer in general.

Cheers,

Reto

I've been doing a "Web Applications Development" course for the last couple of years and it was drummed into us how important things like font size really are. Discriminating against any sort of disability is a big no no these days - in some cases backed up by the law.

Personally I think it was a poor decision to make the briefing text so small, and as we can see, it must also be hurting BFC where it matters the most - their pockets.

I can read the briefings fine but I have a lot of sympathy for the original poster.

The small font is a real pain but not a game breaker. I can squint and make out what it says and it's just at the beginning of the scenario. This really should be very easy to fix in a patch if they are interested. It was really the gui that was giving me fits but I'm working it out. Fortunately I have a left hander mouse with several programmable buttons. I was able to program the left/right middle button for the zoom so now between the mouse and arrow keys I can work the camera. I also programmed the space to another mouse button so it's almost like the right button in cmak. This makes it much easier to give orders compared to memorizing a bunch of keys or using the menus.

One thing I really like in sf that the other cms don't have is the easy ability to see what units (or even if there are any) are loaded on vehicles. Whoever thought of those round circles should get a bonus.

A problem that I had /bug?/ is that all of a sudden I couldn't scroll left or right with the mouse or keypad.

Anyhow I'm beginning to feel more positive about the game and will be playing over the weekend.

Very nice to hear there's a mod for this. I searched at cmmods and came up empty. Also did a search here and got so many hits that it's impossible to find it. Found a lot of stuff at cmmods though so I'll locate it eventually. If anyone knows the name, please post it here.

After playing some more and reading the manual some more I'm now pretty sure I'll order. Once you understand it, this game is like cmak on steroids. So many options I wished for in cmak are built in here.