Terrain disappears when scrolling forwards

Getting good graphics with 8800gtx but sometimes when scrolling across a map the terrain at the bottom of the screen disappears and reveals the terrain 'underlay' underneath. Anyone else got this? Is it a known problem & will it be fixed?

• 2 weeks later...

Its not a different card, they all use the G85 (8800GS, GTS, GTX) or G92(8800GT) core from Nvidia, but different companies use different kinds and amount of memory, coolers, core speeds etc. The title is assigned my Nvidia, not the manufactures.

But it doesn't change the graphics engine, its still a 8800, due to the graphics core, which in the end is all the matters when it comes to naming the cards. The performance difference between manufactures is so small its not worth having dozens of different models to increase confusion in the already confusing graphics card market.

The x1600 in your MBP is still a x1600, whether the card was manufactured directly by AMD/ATI or ASUS, XFX, EVGA etc.

Mac OS isn't perfect. I used it exclusively until last year. Things don't always "just work" in my experience (20 years of it with Mac OS), so please don't pretend that they do. There were times I wanted to throw my MBP out the window because things didn't "just work." Anyway, hardware stability wise, Macs are better sure, because Apple controls it, but software wise, lots of issues. Such as the hack last week that allowed a hacker to gain complete control of a Safari using Macbook in 5 minutes.

The 8800GT used in a PC is the same as the one that ships with Mac Pros, its just got a different picture on the cooling fan. The drivers all come from Nvidia, just like for the Mac, so no difference there. Only difference is the EFI vs. BIOS used to access the abilities of the card.

[ April 03, 2008, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Pzman ]