v1.04: FPS at the prejudice of LOD?

The question is: canwe have both at 100% status or not?

If not, I think some more options would allow the individual player to set these 2 elements in the right way for his machine..

For example now people have even extremely good FPS, even too much. So they would be kinder to sacrifice some for more quality. On the other hand someone might be getting the right sufficient amount of FPS now and so won't do anything.

In any case I think that more graphic options would do the thing.

Originally posted by Kieme(ITA):

The question is: canwe have both at 100% status or not?

If not, I think some more options would allow the individual player to set these 2 elements in the right way for his machine..

For example now people have even extremely good FPS, even too much. So they would be kinder to sacrifice some for more quality. On the other hand someone might be getting the right sufficient amount of FPS now and so won't do anything.

In any case I think that more graphic options would do the thing.

ben detto! smile.gif

fully agreed!

1.04 makes a FPS boost but brings many graphic problems.

- Bad LOD

- Bad Icons on some Systems

- Not working AA on some Systems

To all the Problems i still read no statment from Battlefront.

1.03 = Good Graphic and bad Gameplay

1.04 = Bad Graphic and good Gameplay

:(:(

Guys, the issues soem of you are suffering are not general. I don't think LOD is much worser than 1.03 or very notizable at all. Ie. mantis heads I don't have :D

So no, I think this is a particular issue with some systems. What is causing it? No idea, but someone in a thread I think poointed out monitor refresh rates as possible issue.

what type of cards do you have? is the problem card specific? Is it only ATI cards that have these issues?

I ask because I have a 7900 GTX w. 163.71 drivers and have not noticed any issues.

The icons look the same, the mid- far- terrain looks about the same or better than before, partly since I have been able to bump up texture quality and partly because grass gets drawn further out which improves the overall look.

Originally posted by Sgt.Joch:

what type of cards do you have? is the problem card specific? Is it only ATI cards that have these issues?

I ask because I have a 7900 GTX w. 163.71 drivers and have not noticed any issues.

The icons look the same, the mid- far- terrain looks about the same or better than before, partly since I have been able to bump up texture quality and partly because grass gets drawn further out which improves the overall look.

ATI Mobility Radeon 200M Series 128Mb VRAM

However the question is: Why a difference in graphics between v1.03 and v1.04?

Originally posted by Sgt.Joch:

I posted a screenshot in another thread in this forum section, with my settings at maximum as I can play now (and at 1280x1024).

I've the very same video card and drivers... could you please post there a screenshot from your computer?

Oh the mission from which I took it was AT Ambush, if you could try to take a very similar one would help a lot.

Thanks in advance

1.04 is running much better for me now, the only thing I noticed is the wheels on the vehicles have a lower quality shape too them. Just curious if this was part of the optimization compromise to make CMSF run better and if so did the higher res/more rounded wheels have a big negative impact on frame rates?

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Why fonts / text, icons, wheels / tires, heads and in general more jagged lines now?

Previous to 1.04 this was not a problem.

BFC how about a comment? We've been posting about this since 1.04 was released?

Thats it !!

Your answer Battlefront...