Crash to Desktop

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same here, when i press the escape key (in game) to go to options menu, the game freeze and i must to reboot. Another thing when i began the french campaign there were no subtitles in intro just saw "subtitles_01_" on screen...

tofke.

[ April 23, 2007, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: Tofke ]

The same thing happens to me - the game crashes to desktop without a single hiccup. Sometimes it happens when the game is first started, sometimes the game runs for awhile - its very difficult to determine what is causing the crash. I had thought that it might have been low virtual memory, but i believe that i remedied that situation so i'm discounting that at the moment.

I have a 3.0ghz cpu, win xp, nvidia 6800 xt w 256 mb of ram, 2gb of system ram, and enough hard disk space.

Its too bad that the game doesnt dump a crash log.

Originally posted by jdevlin:

I agree as it would help to figure out the problem. My game was crashing the entire system last night, shutting it down comepletely. Just looking through this forum it appears the AMD users are being hit the hardest.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Full game. Played fine for about 10 minutes and then crashed.

Pentium D 3.2 GHz

WinXP

2GB RAM

GeForce 7800 GTX

I have similar problem.

Have you solve it?

WinXP

Pentium P4 3,0GHz

2GB RAM

MSI GeForce 6600 (256Mb Ram)

Well, I did try to torn off the EAX on the sound, and did turn of the shadows.

The result was that the whole system did crash, and restart.

The error message I did get was:

AFS2K.SYS=0&LCID=1053&OS=5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0

Don’t know if this could be to any help to get any answer why the game is not able run correctly.

Originally posted by bus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Full game. Played fine for about 10 minutes and then crashed.

Pentium D 3.2 GHz

WinXP

2GB RAM

GeForce 7800 GTX

I have similar problem.

Have you solve it?

WinXP

Pentium P4 3,0GHz

2GB RAM

MSI GeForce 6600 (256Mb Ram) </font>

Originally posted by jdevlin:

The same thing happens to me - the game crashes to desktop without a single hiccup. Sometimes it happens when the game is first started, sometimes the game runs for awhile - its very difficult to determine what is causing the crash. I had thought that it might have been low virtual memory, but i believe that i remedied that situation so i'm discounting that at the moment.

I have a 3.0ghz cpu, win xp, nvidia 6800 xt w 256 mb of ram, 2gb of system ram, and enough hard disk space.

I do believe that I have found what cause my problem, when ToW crash to desktop.

ToW demanding lot of “computer power”, and My PSU is too small to supply my CPU, RAM and my Graphic card with that kind of power.

My suggestion to others (which have similar problems) is try to disconnect some drive and try to play ToW.

My computer:

P4 3,0GHz

2GB ram

GeForce 6600 (256MB)

DVD and DVD/R (did discon. the DVD)

PSU 330W

ToW demanding lot of “computer power”, and My PSU is too small to supply my CPU, RAM and my Graphic card with that kind of power.

My suggestion to others (which have similar problems) is try to disconnect some drive and try to play ToW.

My computer:

P4 3,0GHz

2GB ram

GeForce 6600 (256MB)

PSU 330W

Bus I beleave your PSU (power supply Unit) is at fault here you have a 3.0 ghz is this a dual core?

and your GeForce 6600 Is this PCIe

If so you really should be running a PSU of 500watts or more with 12v rails of 32amps.

Originally posted by Wolfseven:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

My computer:

P4 3,0GHz

2GB ram

GeForce 6600 (256MB)

PSU 330W

Bus I beleave your PSU (power supply Unit) is at fault here you have a 3.0 ghz is this a dual core?

If so you really should be running a PSU of 500watts or more with 12v rails of 32amps. </font>

I have now installed a new PSU (520W). ToW is working better. But I have still the problem that ToW crash to desktop.

Any other suggestions what it could be??

/bus

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wolfseven:

My computer:

P4 3,0GHz

2GB ram

GeForce 6600 (256MB)

PSU 330W

If so you really should be running a PSU of 500watts or more with 12v rails of 32amps. </font>

I have now installed a new PSU (520W). ToW is working better. But I have still the problem that ToW crash to desktop.

/bus

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bus:

My computer:

P4 3,0GHz

2GB ram

GeForce 6600 (256MB)

PSU 330W

/bus

My computer:

P4 3,0GHz

2GB ram

GeForce 6600 (256MB)

PSU 330W