And the winner is...

Moon

Theatre of War "Best Motion Picture" award

The winners of the Theatre of War YouTube Video Contest have been announced! The First Prize (a value of $1,500) goes to... drumroll...

XShadowY

for his brilliant in-game movie series "A Sniper's Despair":

default.jpg

Part 1:

default.jpg

Part 2:

Congratulations!

Everybody who submitted a video is going to receive a free T-shirt or poster by mail. All winners will be notified personally via their YouTube accounts. A big thank you to the big winner as well as all participants.

If you'd like to check out all submitted videos:

http://www.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=theatreofwar

Hi all!

Thank you very much for the congratulations!!!

And also a big thank you that many of you have been so brave to watch them all! :)

Hm, if I think back on May of this year when I made the "Invasion of Poland" video and as most of you know it was my first in-game video ever. At that time I really didn`t have any idea of what I could improve in my next video. :)

Whoever followed this 5 months journey from my first to my last ToW video will recognize a slight curve of improvement, but how was that possible as "Invasion of Poland" already was my best in-game video ever??? ;)

In fact I`m really sorry that "Invasion of Poland" turned out to be the one with the biggest interest, but compared to the others, it`s technically the worst. :-( On the other hand it was my first step, therefore I`m happy about the fact that the people who gave me their comments or ratings on youtube took it for what it is and didn`t compare it.

As I have written here before I have not been and am not 100% satisfied with "A sniper`s despair". The amount of time I had was simply too short, but I thought people care more about the visuals than the "voice acting" and this made me putting the biggest effort into the locations, action scenes and continuity. 8 days were way too short to make it as perfect as I wanted it to be and it forced me to neglect the dubbing or use of voices. Of course I`m aware of the fact that this should be a unit with the overall look or sound, but at the end I was almost out of time and even left work earlier only to be able to upload it. :)

But I`m really happy to see that, at least for a few of you, there was always a litte entertainment in these and my other videos.

And everyone who watched all the different videos available on youtube will be able to see how much potential this game has and what a playground of creativity it can be, if you want to make a video of it.

Freeboy you meant the black car (I guess it was the Horch)? I just tried out to which places I could move the camera. When I reached the underpants of the soldiers I got banned for one day. :)

More trickier was (as an example) the shoot-out between the Panther and Jagdpanther. They never destroyed each other, even placed in different armies. So I tried to help them in placing a Jagdtiger behind each. :) But in 30 tries the Panther only exploded one time, the Jagdpanther almost always but they NEVER exploded together as I have wished for. :-( Hm, after these 30-35 tries I gave up and used the version you now see in the video.

So, thanks again for your interest and long support, and to Battlefront for choosing the poor sniper as the contest winner.

With that award Lt. Struecker`s death was not in vain. ;)

Oh, I almost forgot... The making of the new video has already started and all who missed british forces up to now hopefully will sweat with them, as they make their way to Caen. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Did any of the other participants get their prizes for entering a video yet?

I just got mine. I thought I was getting a T-shirt, which I did get, but I also got a signed poster and what I think is the Russian version of the game! I'll have to brush up on my Russian and try to read the box!

Anyway, was really nice to receive that. Thank you 1C.. what a great bunch of people! smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...