Please give us info on the patch

WW2Wargamer

Bump,

No I won't post anything, because:

1. It takes away from my time working on things.

2. What happens if it doesn't make the cut?

the patch is being worked on guys. I am not going to say line 1784 is suffering from a type mismatch due to the oscelling fan movement of the Panther type G tank. It wouldn't make sense to you. madmatt is working with the developers, and we will get it out to you as soon as we are sure it doesn't break something else.

Rune

I can say some good stuff. The current patch we are testing was made using a new compiler. The updated compiler, so far, is exhibiting increased performance on multi-core and hyper threading CPU's.

For example, for one tester with a AMD 64 bit CPU, he is noticing substantial performance increases across the board.

Testing with other CPU types continues.

Madmatt

Will the Moscow Campaign and Map Editor be part of the new patch - or will they be released separate - I read the initial information on the TOW website about the Campaign and Map Editor and it sounded like they were not necessarily connected to the new patch.

Can anybody comment.

Yankee1950

Tom,

Originally we thought we could release the add-on separate from the patch, but in order to add support for new campaigns (like the Battle for Moscow campaign) it is now necessary to release the patch and addon together. Total file size is (at the moment) about 200 megs but that amount could still go down or even up.

Madmatt

Will you be hosting the patch file directly, or on third-party sites like FileFront? I (and I suspect quite a few other TOW players, in Europe at least) only have a 56k dialup connection - downloading 200mb is certainly possible if I use a download manager over several days, but only if it's possible to get a direct, permanent link to the file (which isn't possible with most file hosting sites nowadays)

Actually, a recent study in the US and Canada showed that less than half the households had any internet connection at all. I think less than 20% had anything faster than dial up. We tend to have skewed views because, guess what, most of the people on forums probably have high speed connections.