WILL WE GET THE PATCH BY THE END OF THIS MONTH

OLDTIMER

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it always said "end of month", it certainly did just before the end of the month anyway. Still, where's our update on "hopefully I will have more details next week on where things stand"...

Have fun

Finn

Originally posted by FinnN:

Still, where's our update on "hopefully I will have more details next week on where things stand"...

Have fun

Finn

They are working their magic in a secret dungeon, putting the secret ingredients in a Magical Patch Cauldron. Sending Druids foraging for odd substances that add the special flavour to the Patch brew.

The more time they take, the more tasty and powerful will become the Patch potion.

It is good enough for me to know, they are working on it, but of course anxiety is killing me softly. :D

To be honest, after the "dissapointment" of the game launch, I'd rather to wait as much as needed and get a good patch with multiple fixes and new features...

I think 1C and Battlefront can't afford 2 dissapointments of their customers in a row for the same product.... that's why they're taking it easy I'd say

This is absurd. I'm the real idiot. I spent $123 on this...*thing* - bought the game TWICE (gave it away the first time as unplayable) and then bought again because I read and believed the untrue statements put here by we all know who in the now Orwelian post which has been edited (as if it appeared in Pravda) that said in no uncertain terms that the patch would be out by the end of the month. Sheesh.

Believe me, the money to me isn't the issue. It's the flat out untruths told here, and the fact that I've been so gullible as to believe what was said by a guy "selling" for BFC.

Spare me the get it right stuff (does that really need to be said...shouldn't it be implied?) and just lets get someone from BF, from whom I've bought plenty of great games before, to actually come give an update. It takes no time to post something. Yet, we hear nothing. Stunner that 1C is involved. Really. Or something.

Sure, the answer may be that BFC shouldn't have said "by the end of the month" but they did, and now another $63 (on top of the prior $60) later it really irks me not only that they said it about the patch and I believed it, but that now it's just gone, as if it was "unsaid" because its not there anymore and we're imagining our memories of actually reading it.

[ June 09, 2007, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: dfritch ]

Come on, dfritch!

I have just finished another scenario (The Hunters) of the German campaign. I didn't encounter a bug that diminished the fun. I actually lost the scenario even though some British tanks chose to attack me by reversing towards my Tigers (lol).

Give those guys a little more time with the patch.

Hi all again i don't know about you but all i want at the moment is some sort of a patch to enable me to run the game at a decent frame rate with all the graphic options on. that's my priority all the rest of the goody's im prepared to wait for.

Poor old battlefront must realy have a job trying to fix the fps problems on different pc configurations or we would have heard by now or a

a mini patch would have been released by now.

In the past i have had no negative post's to add

to this forum but this time i must say we realy

need to know how are the technical problems coming along and what's been solved upto now.

april the 18th has long gone since release so

come on Madmatt/Moon what's happening

best regards to all the getting old fast! (OLDTIMER).

Its a holiday in Russia today and tomorrow so you won't be hearing anything from them until later this week, but we received a new internal test version last week (version 1.3.0.56) and are currently testing with it.

The biggest change with this version is that it was assembled with an updated compiler. The main benefit of this new compiler should be increased performance and stability for various CPU's. Our testers with AMD 64 bit CPU's have noticed nice speed increases. Testing with other CPU's is continuing.

As to the patch release date, I only ever said we would TRY and get it out by the end of May, but once that looked like it wouldn't happen, I said as much. Sorry that post was missed by some people but this patch will not be released until I feel it is ready, and as of right now, it aint ready, but it's feeling close.

If it looks like it going to be too much longer though, I may go ahead and release a beta patch to the public, although for a lot of reasons, I hope I wont have to do that as they can sometimes cause more headaches then to just wait and release an official patch. Lets see how far we get with testing this week and then I will re-address that possibility.

Madmatt