WILL WE GET THE PATCH BY THE END OF THIS MONTH

OLDTIMER

Hi Moon/Madmatt your proberly sick to death about forum members asking about the patch status

but the question has to be asked.

Will it still be the end of this month or has that changed.

I bought a new computer to run this game as my old one was not up to it.

New spec ACER ASPIRE 9301AWSMI laptop

Amd turion 64 single core mk 36 2.0 ghz 512kb L2 cache

2 kb ddr2 667 memory

Nvidia geforce go 6100 384 meg video

vista home premium.

The game run quite well with no shadowing enabled

mostly all options on high settings apart from the shadows turned off.

I love this game now i can play it but i hope the upcoming patch will will place this game were it belongs at the top of computer wargaming

for many years to come.

By the way ordered the boxed version when pre-ordering was first activated but nothing arrived as yet in the UK any news appricated

best regards OLDTIMER

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your new system sounds good enough to run. But I would definately uninstall Vista immediately. Otherwise I'm afriad the game will drop in framerates with microsoft memory hog eating up the system. I highly recommend reformatting the hard drive to XP. If you still like the looks of Vista, there are hundreds of mods out on the net that make XP look (almost)identical to Vista. Cheers!

2kb for memory? I remember back in the day with my ol' Texas Instruments TI99/4a had about 16k RAM. Slam my lil dungeon of doom game into the cassette drive and go play outside for about 40 minutes. If the system didn't have "syntax error" repeating across your tv screen you would be in video game heaven. If all else failed, go break open good ol' squad leader. So now when I see some complaining about their 3000 mhz atomic powered, laser cutting ,flame throwing, laptop not up snuff with their neighbors I can only sit back and recollect with laughter. Old timers unite! OLDTIMER! Signing off.

Hi grimtooth i remember them old days to

tandy 16 kb no graphics comodore 64, atari 5t 520, pc 286,etc,etc and what about the wire frame

graphics mental days.

Cheers for the xp link, also unsobill i would have a 76 mustang sitting at the end of my drive

even if it had no engine in it just to look at it OLDTIMER

Promises Promises. I guess there are still several hours before it's no longer May on any single spot on the globe.

Originally posted by Moon:

Battlefront.com and 1C are thrilled to announce the upcoming “Theatre of War – Battle for Moscow” Add-on , featuring a whole new campaign (Battle for Moscow, 1941) as well as a powerful Map Editor ! Better yet, the Add-on will be released for download to Theatre of War players completely for free! (You have to own Theatre of War full international version however to play it)

The Add-on will be made available for download for free later this month from www.battlefront.com.

tow_moscow1.jpg

Theatre of War - Battle for Moscow Add-on Contents

Battle for Moscow, November 1941 campaign

This big 10 mission campaign features completely new maps and challenges, and allows the player to re-live the second German assault on Moscow in November 1941 from the German and USSR perspective. The ten battles include historical engagements near Novopetrovsk, Istra, Krukovo, Yadromino, Chismena and Volokolamsk. Meeting engagements, encirclements, heavy assaults and light skirmishes during the brutal winter of 1941!

Moscow1.jpg

Theatre of War Map Editor

Fans have been waiting for this! The new Map Editor tool allows players to extensively change any of the existing mission and campaign maps, including changing placement and look of map objects such as buildings, trees, trenches, fortifications, damaged vehicles, and much more.

tow_mapeditor.jpg

[ May 31, 2007, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: dfritch ]

dfritch, thanks for th epost. I had been trying to find the post that said the patch would be released by the end of month. I know it's nitpicking but this post doesn't refer to the patch it refers to the add on which was announced as a seperate thing.

I'm pretty sure it was edited out or removed. It'd be nice if the BFC person who wrote it would make an appearance and fess up and at least give us an update. I've been looking for it too, but whatever they say, we all know it was there.

I'm really a sucker: I bought this one, gave it away, and got suckered AGAIN by the patch by end of the month speech and BOUGHT IT AGAIN. I've now paid $123 for this...thing (that's as pleasant as I can put it). Yes, $123. $60 the first time and $63 the second. So needless to say, I'm really ticked that I believed these folks. As Costanza said, "a little respect, please, for I am lord of the idiots."

Just a quickie update, the patch is still being worked on so it won't be out for this weekend.

We are trying to get at least *some* multi-core optimizations into the first patch, but this may not appear until subsequent patches. Final determination and approval on the patch contents will probably be made next week with a release following *soon* after. I can't define how "SOON", soon will be though.

The patch, as is adds, some nice new features and fixes (LOS tweaks, waypoints, better AI behavior etc...) but I really wanted to see some performance improvements across the board, but those might not be able to get into this first patch.

Hopefully I will have more details next week on where things stand.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Just a quickie update, the patch is still being worked on so it won't be out for this weekend.

We are trying to get at least *some* multi-core optimizations into the first patch, but this may not appear until subsequent patches. Final determination and approval on the patch contents will probably be made next week with a release following *soon* after. I can't define how "SOON", soon will be though.

The patch, as is adds, some nice new features and fixes (LOS tweaks, waypoints, better AI behavior etc...) but I really wanted to see some performance improvements across the board, but those might not be able to get into this first patch.

Hopefully I will have more details next week on where things stand.

Madmatt

Thanks for that. I`d rather you take your time with it so that we get the best.

Re: 2KB

Reminds me of my favorite brother-in-law story.

In 1982, I was waiting for the Apple IIe to come out. My b-in-law asked me why I didn't just buy the II+. I said I wanted 64K of RAM. His reply:

"Jim, nobody will ever use 64 K."

I re-tell that every chance I get.