[Review] Theatre of War on GameSpot

flintlock

The review may be accessed directly by clicking here.

"If you're looking to graduate from some of the more simplistic WWII RTS games out there, give Theatre of War a shot. It's definitely weightier than the usual RTS game set during the last good war yet still easy to learn and accessible for casual grognards."

78%

Originally posted by Wolfseven:

I see chazman was in there giving his dismayed taste of the game.

Uhm.....his mental health didnt fare well when he got beaten by the AI. He just dont give up it seems, not normal that one.......

Originally posted by Directive#21:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> nevertheless I think a good review by a reputable source...

I agree...

but I don't understand how graphics only get 6/10. </font>

Is shadowaffects more than shadows? This game is awesome there, ??? I see the shadows of the Barrel of tanks as it moves around, and even the planes strafing. This is a good game that will only get better, too bad the trolls lasted more than a day here.

Chazman1946@cox.net

"You fail to tell everyone on the Battlefront Fanbois forum the fact that onthe gamespot "you say" reviews, it only gets a 6.7 score from the 62 peoplewho voted, and that out of the 10 written reviews, 6 are very negative. I don't expect you will post this though, since you may loose your Fanbois status and be up for the boot also. " yes I gave it a 7.5, so he still gets his facts wrong. That's because I know there's room for improvement.

I have a question about tow is it hard to find a multiplayer game and how do you go about it? Also I would like to know how others who play cmbo cmak cmbb think of this game. If you are not one who has played these games I don't care about your opinions!

Originally posted by schmegeg:

I have a question about tow is it hard to find a multiplayer game and how do you go about it? Also I would like to know how others who play cmbo cmak cmbb think of this game. If you are not one who has played these games I don't care about your opinions!

Well I play both and it's totally 2 different games.

I really don't care for CMBB to much because of all the work I put into setting up my moves then having to click play every 60 seconds.

With TOW I get Real Time game play continuous and have to react in real time much more ;) realistic to me. Also I can push pause and review the battle field.

This game is well over Chazman's head.

I'd like him to lay prone in the grass and with my excellent spotting abilties (scouting) see him whine when a bullet goes through grass and hits him.

His only real gripe the game doesn't have is entering bldgs, not a game stopper but for him it is as he would like to hide in a stone bldg since grass didn't give him any cover. But then you'd hear him complain when a heavy artillery shell flattened him...at which time Chazmen is dead..stick a fork in him.

Originally posted by Platoon Crusher:

@ chanss. Isn't your signature a direct quote from chasnut? I believe it is the example of the exact words that finally got him banned from here. I think so anyways. ;)

Yup from him or one of his aliases, cant remember which. He is a funny guy, a bit like Nicholson in the Shining.....