Battle for Moscow Add-on announced... and it's free!

Moon

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will the add-on handle the current inability to enter buildings? I realize that fighting took place outside of Moscow, but even so and add on of this nature would have to include the smaller outer villages?

Sorry, I forgot, but is the ability to enter and use buildings definitley going to be addressed in the patch? It would seem crucial for an add-on like this to really work.

excellent news....

I understand:

a) 1st patch only fixes technical issues

B) addon I hope incorporates the 2nd patch that fixes LOS and all of the other gameplay issues.

Otherwise where does the second patch come in??

Originally posted by Destraex:

excellent news....

I understand:

a) 1st patch only fixes technical issues

B) addon I hope incorporates the 2nd patch that fixes LOS and all of the other gameplay issues.

Otherwise where does the second patch come in??

Thanks, I just seem to remember someone saying that they thought the issue of entering and using buildings could be very tricky to fix. I just wanted to make absolutely sure it was going to be fixed in the 2nd patch. Moon? Matt? Can you confirm this?

Thx Moon....great news!!!! The support from BFC for this release has really been top notch.

666 said:

Germans are lacking of historicaly accurate equipement - PzIII ausf. G or H and PZIV ausf. E
I agree 100% on this! It's painful to take on a T-34 without the 50mm L/42....

-Zach

Entering buildings is ... on the radar for a (bigger) paid add-on later this year.
That's big news that might bug a few people.

Will the ability to enter buildings be available to scenarios created before the patch is applied?

Originally posted by Vegeorite:

Thanks for the freeby!

I'd pay for building entry done right - it'll be a whole new aspect to the game.

Will hedge-hopping/wall-vaulting be in for infantry?

'Good to hear positive news!!

Personally, I'd have thought it's the sort of thing that would have to fixed before you could play an add-on like 'battle for moscow' with any degree of strategic/tactical complexity, but that's jusst my opinion. It really should have been included in the original game. :(

How about smoke shells/grenades from tanks and other sources? If an add-on adds a new set of environments to ToW that's great, but it'd be nice to see the open countryside battles rounded off and there are numerous occasions where you have no choice but to attack in situations where smoke would be a big help.

Have fun

Finn

Entering buildings is far too involved to do in a patch. But it's on the radar for a (bigger) paid add-on later this year.
The important thing is that BFC/1C recognize the importance of the issue and plan to address it.

In the meantime, I believe the game works well within the current framework. I almost wish it wasn't so fun.... I've been living on 4 hours sleep way to often lately....

You can make new missions already with the mission editor that ships with TOW. Allows yout to select an existing map and do a completely different mission on it with different forces and goals. The Map Editor is there to, additionally, be able to manipulate the maps, too.

Martin