Pre-Release Date

Grunts

Well time has almost all gone for me concerning the "value " of buying the pre-release.

If the game is not released by Sunday morning the pre-release deal wasn't worth it for me,even though I already purchases it.

To pay the extra $8 dollars for pre-release and have the game available mid week during work is no great deal for me.

Battlefront should release the game this weekend if they really care about the wargaming community here that has in good faith bought the pre-release.Then again it might mean that Battlefront might get a few extra dollars by keeping people on this "pre-release" hype for a few more days.

Anyway I've known Battlefront since the very first day of the first release of Combat Mission and they have always been top company in wargaming,I hope they do the right thing here to.

Well yeah ok I gues it depends on how one looks at it. Pre-ordering means you save $10 for the whole package (DL option plus DVD) If one only wants the DL option then there is nothing saved from pre-ordering and only "advantage" is to get it earlier. Its not Battlefront's fault that some people imagined they would recieve it several days before the official release.

But we already have one thread about it havent we?

CBR

Originally posted by CBR:

Well yeah ok I gues it depends on how one looks at it. Pre-ordering means you save $10 for the whole package (DL option plus DVD) If one only wants the DL option then there is nothing saved from pre-ordering and only "advantage" is to get it earlier. Its not Battlefront's fault that some people imagined they would recieve it several days before the official release.

But we already have one thread about it havent we?

CBR

It took me a minute to figure out that I was paying $8 shipping extra to get it earlier because I never wanted the DVD to begin with. But I knowingly hit the button to pre-order anyway.

No complaints but it would have been nice to know that the time of getting it earlier would only be a day as is implied instead of 3-5 days that most would normally assume.

So now I have a DVD coming for $4 cheaper since I didn't want it anyway...wait does that equate......well...lol..6 one half a dozen or the other.

Battlefront said that people pre-ordered the game would be able to download it a little early. They didnt say when, So its wrong to assume and think its "fair" or either "Decent" of them to release it at this time.

You guys knew this when you Pre-Ordered.

Battlefront already said to not get your hopes up this weekend.

We will get our game Soon Enough, have Patience. Whats waiting 3 or 4 days more anyway?

Originally posted by CBR:

Well you get a 80 page manual with the DVD smile.gif

That'd be great if I read them:) I rarely read the rules...except back in the boardgame era when you had to (god I hate reading) or your opponent would use a rule against you. ah.the days where a comma or an "and" would be placed created more arguments.......

smile.gif

Originally posted by devildog0514:

Battlefront said that people pre-ordered the game would be able to download it a little early. They didnt say when, So its wrong to assume and think its "fair" or either "Decent" of them to release it at this time.

You guys knew this when you Pre-Ordered.

Battlefront already said to not get your hopes up this weekend.

We will get our game Soon Enough, have Patience. Whats waiting 3 or 4 days more anyway?

ah but with no other basis to go on it's logical to assume 1 day is of little worth. You wouldn't assume a week either. What you would assume from "getting it early" is 3-4 days. While technically 1 day IS early..it's an extreme therefore not a logical assumption of the norm.

That's just a point to be made. It doesn't irritate me and I have no complaints..like you said whats 4-5 days. Wait! I could be dead! smile.gif

But you had to read the rules more than once to figure out you had to pay DVD price (you didn't want) to save ten dollars to add shipping to get it early.

So like I said,I will get it early for $8 additional dollars. Is it worth one day..I probably still would being the impulsive game buyer that I am:)

I mean battlefront stated it..as long as you read the rules..er manual a couple times. smile.gif

All in great fun. Battlefront and Matrix rule! when you think of what there was in the past with computer wargames. Now if Avalon hill had stayed alive..maybe they would have competion...

I digress..... smile.gif

It's pretty entertaining reading some of the disgruntled posts with respect to the preorder release timeline. I used to think my kindergarten aged nephew could act irritable and impatient, but a few posts within this forum put his behavior into perspective.

Flintlock wrote:

It's pretty entertaining reading some of the disgruntled posts with respect to the preorder release timeline. I used to think my kindergarten aged nephew could act irritable and impatient, but a few posts within this forum put his behavior into perspective.
Maybe you can find other kind of serious games to play with your nephew then, give it a try who knows, maybe you'll enjoy even more !!! :D

Originally posted by Grunts:

Well time has almost all gone for me concerning the "value " of buying the pre-release.

If the game is not released by Sunday morning the pre-release deal wasn't worth it for me,even though I already purchases it.

To pay the extra $8 dollars for pre-release and have the game available mid week during work is no great deal for me.

Battlefront should release the game this weekend if they really care about the wargaming community here that has in good faith bought the pre-release.Then again it might mean that Battlefront might get a few extra dollars by keeping people on this "pre-release" hype for a few more days.

Anyway I've known Battlefront since the very first day of the first release of Combat Mission and they have always been top company in wargaming,I hope they do the right thing here to.

They didn't make us any promises in regards to how early we'll get the game. So nobody really cares what you think your entitled to. Judging from the gaming community as a whole, not just BFC and wargames, these pre-release download deals are usually in the area of 2-4 days before launch. But obviously you weren't aware of that. :rolleyes:

Posted by MeatEtr:

They didn't make us any promises in regards to how early we'll get the game. So nobody really cares what you think your entitled to. Judging from the gaming community as a whole, not just BFC and wargames, these pre-release download deals are usually in the area of 2-4 days before launch. But obviously you weren't aware of that.
I guess you accept what people give you and say "that's it".Well I dont't.I am a customer of Battlefront and will continue to be but remember no one is perfect and even Battlefront can use some advice on how the pre-orders should be handled.

Oh, and yes my opinion does count,why...because I am a paying customer. smile.gif

Originally posted by Grunts:

no one is perfect and even Battlefront can use some advice on how the pre-orders should be handled.

Fair enough.

I'm sure Battlefront, like any other conscientious business, appreciates constructive feedback. To keep things in perspective though, if the preorders were to be released well ahead of the the 19th, one would question the rationale behind publicizing a release date in the first place.

My experience with preorders has been that you typically benefit by securing a popular title on release day, receive a little something extra (if only token) and perhaps save a little money in the process. With ToW, the preorder nets you a physical copy, allows you to download a digital copy while further discounting $10.00 from the retail price. Oh, and as an added perk; the digital download will open a day or so prior to the official release day! Seems like a decent deal from my angle.

If it makes you feel any better, think of the official release day as the 26th instead of the 19th. ;)

"As an added incentive to Pre-Order, those customers that use this option will be able to download the game prior to the April 19th release date (exact date to be announced later)."

This quote is from the Main page and lends the belief that the game would be released about a week prior to the release date, give or take a few days. Any reasonable person (sans the Battlefront Breakfast Club) would assume that the game would be released at the very latest by tuesday, anything less would be more misleading than Microsoft or any other low balling 'Corps for Cash' that reels in game customers for a pre release download. Not even the major league game designers would say, "Hey, pre buy the game and we'll let you download it 24 hours early...!" Even the lil console kiddies would laugh...

Point being I want to purchase more BF games but not if they pull something like "download the game prior to the April 19th release date (exact date to be announced later)." and release on 18th...?!! It's just shoddy wording to put it in the nicest light possible. Customers are use to seeing bait and switch tactics in any major corporation, they dont want to see it in their backyard, mom and pop, niche game market.

Originally posted by longbore:

"As an added incentive to Pre-Order, those customers that use this option will be able to download the game prior to the April 19th release date (exact date to be announced later)."

This quote is from the Main page and lends the belief that the game would be released about a week prior to the release date, give or take a few days. Any reasonable person (sans the Battlefront Breakfast Club) would assume that the game would be released at the very latest by tuesday, anything less would be more misleading than Microsoft or any other low balling 'Corps for Cash' that reels in game customers for a pre release download. Not even the major league game designers would say, "Hey, pre buy the game and we'll let you download it 24 hours early...!" Even the lil console kiddies would laugh...

Point being I want to purchase more BF games but not if they pull something like "download the game prior to the April 19th release date (exact date to be announced later)." and release on 18th...?!! It's just shoddy wording to put it in the nicest light possible. Customers are use to seeing bait and switch tactics in any major corporation, they dont want to see it in their backyard, mom and pop, niche game market.

Guys, It will be Released.. I dunno why you thought the game would be Released a full week before the offical date. No where near did battlefront say a week. So please, dont assume.

Battlefront sure isnt gonna release the game on a sunday. So You can exclude tommorow. Just so everyone knows that.

As I said before. When you pre-order right now, It does not say what date the download will be available. Thus you knew this when you pre-ordered!

If I had to guess, Id say the download will be available on monday or Tuesday at the latest. But thats a I guess. But I am not gonna assume that it will be available on Monday Or Tuesday.

The only thing i'm disgruntled about is not getting the demo to tide me over. Whenever I have received a pre-release download it has been 24 hours before so thats what I expected here. If it is earlier than 24 hours then I will salute BF and inform my wife that I will not be available for DIY or 'snuggling' for several months a day earlier than expected!

I think BF will take heart that grown men are actually upset over a 2 - 3 day wait for the game, thay must have done something right... lets just hope that when the game comes I actually enjoy it as much as I think i'm going to! Keep up the good work BF and get me a demo or pre-release whenever your ready...anytime in the next 5 minutes is fine by me ;)

It´s not so importent when (24h or 48h or whenever) the game is released for the preorderers, but how it is released. Nearly every game today has mayor bugs and the support is unavailable or very lousy and slow (Medival II, Test Drive unlimeted, Stalker, Gothic III, etc,etc. ). So I decided to look for "smaller" games and companys and was positv surprised until now(Galactic Civ II, best support so far, for me from Stardock and prerelease much earlier than only one or two days ...) , who knows what comes with this title ? Hopefully it is "bugfree" with a support equal to that by Stardock(patches within a few days, openbeta for all users how would like to test,...) , and brings on many, many updates, expansions and fun for gaming.

well, in my earlier post I said I didn't mind waiting a little longer, but i've just seen the sound and fury vid on gamershell.. I WANT IT NOW,and i'm going to hold my breath and stamp my feet until I get it! I also said in my earlier post:

'lets just hope that when the game comes I actually enjoy it as much as I think i'm going to!' I revoke that remark, I will enjoy it going by that vid and if the modding tools are easy to use the game will have endless replayability, so I reckon we have a classic on our hands (i'm sure it will be copied by others too!)