Theatre of War Pre-Orders Now Accepted!

Madmatt

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by franz:

with the pre-order offer, you get the hard copy version and the download version. Is this in effect two games with two seperate unlock keys ?

...or do both versions share the same unlock key therefore making it only one single copy that you are purchasing ?

Its the same key, allowing for two activations (installs) at once.

Madmatt

I am not sure why a few people are getting that random ID error, thats never occured before in such amounts with any previous release. I have emailed the developer of our order system and asked them if there is anything that can be done on either your end or mine to make that not occur.

You could try cleaning our your cache in your browser and make sure that cookies are enabled.

We are getting plenty of orders incoming so I know its working for most people.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by tankibanki:

I don't have a credit card :(

I was under the impression that PayPal would be accepted as payment method as well.

Sorry, but that impression was incorrect. :(

There are technical issues between our current order and accounting system and PayPal which makes its implementation not something we can do, at least in the near future.

Madmatt </font>

Originally posted by Kes:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by tankibanki:

I don't have a credit card :(

I was under the impression that PayPal would be accepted as payment method as well.

Sorry, but that impression was incorrect. :(

There are technical issues between our current order and accounting system and PayPal which makes its implementation not something we can do, at least in the near future.

Madmatt </font>

Sorry Matt, I'm not having a pop at you personally, just really ****ed off that I can't order this. The bit about Learning another language was poor sarcasm, just hope your technical issues with PayPal (or allowing orders from Europe with Maestro) are sorted before CM:SF comes out :(:(

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Apparently mostly everybody is getting the error. I got it a few times myself and then got through eventually(4th try). Simply put, just keep trying, you'll get in. Not a big deal.

Weird as I have submitted multiple orders to check and I never once got the error. I am currently working with the developer of our order system to make the randomness ever MORE random than I just did.

How big of a number is 16 digits? Is that a googleplex yet? Well whatever it is, thats how random the new ID's will be shortly and that should do the trick.

The problem you guys are encountering is that as you add items to your order, the system generates a special and supposedly unique random number to differentiate your shopping cart from anyone elses currenty using the system. Well apparently they werent being random enough and when the system detects two identical ID's it gives you that error as a security measure to keep two peoples orders from getting mixed up. What I am doing now is increasing how many digits will be in the random number ID that is created for each order.

Sorry for the headache.

Madmatt

[ March 22, 2007, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Originally posted by Kes:

Sorry Matt, I'm not having a pop at you personally, just really ****ed off that I can't order this. The bit about Learning another language was poor sarcasm, just hope your technical issues with PayPal (or allowing orders from Europe with Maestro) are sorted before CM:SF comes out :(:(

Actually it's not just "our" technical issues with PayPal, but issues with Paypal in general that others are having, too.

Maestro is a debit card accepted in Europe but mainly used to withdraw money from your bank and less often for payments, unless you have a store with direct access to Maestro. Maestro is not accepted in the US, however.

http://www.maestrocard.com/

Sorry.

Martin

I've tried preordering more than twenty times now, getting 'The QuikStore script could not obtain a Random Cart ID Number. Please hit your reload/refresh to try again' every time.

I'm so reloaded and refreshed now I'm probably a danger to humanity, but I still can't place my order. This is from the UK (don't know if that makes any diff). Preordering is good; not being able to preorder when you want to is BAD.

Back to my question. If you can give me an answer, you will have my order tonight.

Could you give us at least a ballpark idea of how much earlier preorder customers will get to download the product? I understand that you cannot set it in stone at this point, but I just want to know if you generaly expect it to be

a. several hours early

b. a few days early

c. more than a week early

To me personally this information is tied directly to the value of preordering, and I would like to know before I plunk down my money.