Theatre of War Pre-Orders Now Accepted!

Madmatt

Originally posted by seasiderUK:

Hello Moon

I have been waiting for this game for years smile.gif

BUT ... BUT I tried to preorder it an I Dont have a credit card listed !! Mastercard or visa :(:(:(

I have a Maestro Debit card (UK) I havent ever had a problem buying with this from Play.com,Game other Net game stores ...

My question is ....will the game be available for retail sale or can Battlefront get better payment services ?

hopefully you will be able to answer me this ...?

Thanks

seasiderUK

Get a freakin Visa, or Master Card.

Sincerly,

The rest of teh modern world tongue.gif

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moon

Thanks for the reply ,If you can pass my concerns onto Battlefront.com regarding having paypal or other payment services ?

They are really Stopping a huge customer/fanbase with these sale terms....! :(

MajorPrivate

Your comment is unhelpful an moronic ... hmm :(

Originally posted by seasiderUK:

Moon

Thanks for the reply ,If you can pass my concerns onto Battlefront.com regarding having paypal or other payment services ?

They are really Stopping a huge customer/fanbase with these sale terms....! :(

MajorPrivate

Your comment is unhelpful an moronic ... hmm :(

"and"

The irony kills me :D

seasider, I doubt they're losing a "huge customer/fanbase" by not accepting paypal.

And MajorPrivate, not everyone is able to get a visa or mastercard. It's no skin off of your back, so why do you need to be so ****ty about it? Your comment about getting a credit card signed "The rest of teh modern world" seems pretty sarcastic, wouldn't you agree?

Yes, graetwulff, there is no limit - as long as you do not forget to unlicense the game before you do your wipe you will preserve your two activations for ever.

Martin

So how exactly we we re-activate it if we failed to un-activate a copy? the reason i ask is the main reason for reinstallation is a reformat or loss of an HD.. This is one of the reasons i do like Steam. No matter what happens, or where I login.. All my games follow me with Steam.

I fully support online activation (anything that helps combat piracy). but the idea of having to unactivate before being able to re-activate is a little scarey. That is the reason i just wanted to ask, how does one re-activate if the copy doesn't happen to get unactivated first?

with microsoft its already bad enough trying to re-activate if you need to.. Hopefully ToW w/BF isn't as painful..

also, you mentioned a possible move to steam in the future.. I know its just a possibility but if you do move there, hopefully you'll allow us to migrate an old copy onto steam..

Yes, for valid reasons we can of course do a re-activation from our end. We do this daily for our customers.

And no, we're NEVER going to "move" to Steam. Instead we will add it to our distribution network for TOW at some point, like we did with some of our other games already (e.g. T-72 is available from Steam).

Martin

So I figured it out.

I don't want the DVD, just the DL.

So if I preorder I save $10 and maybe get the DL early and a DVD. But since I never wanted the DVD I save nothing except I get it early. But I got to pay $8 shipping for the DVD to preoder the digital DL I want...so in essence it cost me $8 to get it early via digital DL.

Got it.

I did it. smile.gif

Even though I don't need the DVD or manual:)

It's all good.

iplaygames2

*seasider, I doubt they're losing a "huge customer/fanbase" by not accepting paypal.*

wether it be a few 1000 sales its still sales LOST

franz

Lol ....at mother an father comment smile.gifsmile.gif

I have reached my old age without the *Need* of Rip Off credit cards ,lol..lol

HardRock

Yes you can sling em my way young man ;)

No Worries I "will" get to play this Game ;)

Originally posted by franz:

how do you figure credit cards to be "rip off" ?

Only if you are dumb enough not to pay off at the end of the end of each month are they "rip off".

Agreed. As long as you don't carry a balance from month to month, and are smart enough to find a card with no yearly fee, you don't pay any more with a card than you do with cash.

As a matter of fact, I've got a card now with no yearly fee that gets me 5% off of gas purchases with a certain gas company. With gas prices this high, I figure I'm actually making money by having this credit card. Just pay off the balance every month and save 5% on my gasoline bill. No catch.

Must resist posting

must resist

too late!

Credits cards are not a rip, I'm looking right now at $100 of amazon coupons I got for using my amazon visa.

How do you get a credit rating without a credit card? In the US it's pretty impossible.

No credit/bad credit = thousands more for loans, mortgages, etc.

I figure battlefront is being altruistic. anyone who can't get a credit card probably shoudln't be spending $45 on a computer game! They're saving you from yourself.

Originally posted by DrD:

Must resist posting

must resist

too late!

Credits cards are not a rip, I'm looking right now at $100 of amazon coupons I got for using my amazon visa.

How do you get a credit rating without a credit card? In the US it's pretty impossible.

No credit/bad credit = thousands more for loans, mortgages, etc.

I figure battlefront is being altruistic. anyone who can't get a credit card probably shoudln't be spending $45 on a computer game! They're saving you from yourself.

In Europe it's not the same as in the US. Whenever you use a credit card in the US you use your EC card in Europe. For those you get better service and lower/no fees. That's why CCs aren't as common over here. Only downside is that some companies don't let you pay with them over the internet.

Most people's "credit cards" in Europe are actually debit cards. My Visa (I'm in Germany) is a debit card for example. The balance is automatically deducted from your checking account at month's end.

EC cards are only accepted if you have a direct link to the EC center (which is fairly expensive and one of the reasons only bigger stores have that; and for us as US company it's impossible anyway) or if you let people put their signature on a piece of paper. This is not an option for us as you can imagine.

Martin