Any Russian Reviews ??

stone75

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Rankorian:

Personally, I think just about everyone who regular posts on these boards should buy TOW, just to support BFC.

And if BFC hasn't published a game I considered interesting in at least two years, why should I support them? Business, including the software business, is based on the principle of "what have you done for me lately?"

Originally posted by Rankorian:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

]And if BFC hasn't published a game I considered interesting in at least two years, why should I support them? Business, including the software business, is based on the principle of "what have you done for me lately?"

No, business is based on: What is the course of action most profitable to me?

Whether you have done something for me lately, or awhile ago, the question is what action to pursue now.

Threaten BFC with not buying their games? That only makes sense, it seems to me, if the threat does not represent a simply personal issue (because the loss of sale of one game is insignificant), but rather a piece of information to BFC representing 100s or thousands of lost sales. But that is a big "if".

If people acted the way they say they are going to act, airlines would serve great food and have abundant seat room. But, rather, people fume and complain, and then buy the cheapest ticket on the most packed airplane, and the skys will be packed this holiday.

I personally don't see how threatening to starve BFC gets one where one wants to go, unless there is an alternative.

[Of course, I also send flowers to women and treat them nicely.] </font>

if battlefront.com wants to make truckloads of money, then they know what they have to do - GET THE NEXT GENERATION OF ww2 COMBAT MISSION INTO THE MARKETPLACE, and like NOW !! stop worrying about putting out stuff like shock force. I certainly dont want that era. WW2 is where it is at !

I think I speak for thousands when I say - I AM WAITING TO GIVE LOTS OF MONEY TO BATTLEFRONT for the new ww2 CM !!!!!!

Originally posted by franz:

if battlefront.com wants to make truckloads of money, then they know what they have to do - GET THE NEXT GENERATION OF ww2 COMBAT MISSION INTO THE MARKETPLACE, and like NOW !! stop worrying about putting out stuff like shock force. I certainly dont want that era. WW2 is where it is at !

I think I speak for thousands when I say - I AM WAITING TO GIVE LOTS OF MONEY TO BATTLEFRONT for the new ww2 CM !!!!!!

I do kinda agree with this way-too-many-caps post. But you gotta keep a few things in mind. As BFC mentioned before, their simply burned out with WWII. So their doing modern era stuff for now. Also, it was a game design choice, they mentioned in order to make the new engine better and more expandable, it was wise to start with modern era, then scale back for WWII. Not the other way around.

Go check out the SF forums, do a search. This was discussed in detail when the big announcement was made.

Originally posted by franz:

BooYa!!!! :D

BF

Concerning the limited placement locations for AT equipment: didn't we see a British gun being towed by a Universal Carrier or something similar in a movie, and placing the gun in some obscure position between a bunch of trees? That should indicate that the guns are not fixed in place or in placement. Besides: some of them can be pushed, right?

I think if this game isnt good it can only help BFC in the long run. If its just bad then more players will be salivating to buy the next wwii wargame of quality.

And if its good BFC will make more money being its publisher.

So BFC wins no matter what. I think sadly everyone has false hopes of it being another CM.

And if you really want to support BFC, buy Down In Flames and the expansion pack. Its a great game and has good tournaments in the works!

If BFC wanted to make truckloads of money 'now' they'd whip out a badly made shooter game involving street gangs, frontload it with lots of advertising, grab the money from all those those angst-filled 14 year olds (despite the 'Mature' rating on the box), and to hell with product support.

Just look at the screenshots of ToW. Even if it isn't the 'holy grail' of wargames you're definitely gonna get your money's worth. What else are you planning to spend your entertainment dollars on? A bad 90 min. movie with a bag of popcorn's going to cost you fifteen bucks these days. And that's not counting the cost of fuel to drive to the cineplex & back!