What's the betting

Michael Dorosh

Fair enough if someone comes along with a sig -> Adolf Hitler or Heinrich Himmler...

But you guys a bagging anything non-Anglo

Based purely on what side of the fence you sit you feel the need to critisize and judge...

For that matter why even have Waffen ssascolor2hh3.gif forces in the game at all seeing as you have an issue with it...

It has nothing to do with "non-Anglo" names. Who the hell are YOU to say that?

Its rather amusing to see people pick the names of great leaders or someones idea of a leader (or a manly man) and apply it to themselves.

Not only that but it strikes of unorigniality and someone with low self esteem.

Ohhhh no

That means i have to give up my real name?

Believe it or not it is! ;)

The original Sammy d jnr...now that was a leader!

ps Gunnersman i did get my eye fixed smile.gif

---------------------------------

“Being a star has made it possible for me to get insulted in places where the average Negro could never hope to go and get insulted.”

Sammy Davis, Jr.

Originally posted by Der Heinz:

Skorzeny pulled off some amazing raids & spec ops in WWII. what's the beef with him? And Max Wuensche was an aggressive, tactically excellent armor commander with the 1SS and later 12SS.

what's the beef? :rolleyes:

Misplaced hero worship of nazis? Hmm, maybe?

Why did you pick Heinie? Why not Eichmann, Bormann, Hitler, Himmler, Goering, Eicke or any of the other nazi "greats?" Hmm? What's your beef against them?

Originally posted by RMC:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Der Heinz:

Skorzeny pulled off some amazing raids & spec ops in WWII. what's the beef with him? And Max Wuensche was an aggressive, tactically excellent armor commander with the 1SS and later 12SS.

what's the beef? :rolleyes:

Misplaced hero worship of nazis? Hmm, maybe?

Why did you pick Heinie? Why not Eichmann, Bormann, Hitler, Himmler, Goering, Eicke or any of the other nazi "greats?" Hmm? What's your beef against them? </font>

Originally posted by 1stSSLeibstandarte:

And what's wrong with having a name that includes something that might be construed by some fanatically nationalist American/Brit/Russian lunatic as politically incorrect?

It makes those of us that aren't prepubescent dweebs appear as if we enjoy talking to those who are. :D

Originally posted by Kettenhund:

What do you think about my name? Anybody here knows what a "Kettenhund" is?

Its not a dog on a chain...

I know, I know!!!

Kettenhund would be a nickname for a HW MP, remember the ****heads in Die Brücke who killed the protagonist father figure?

It is not a glorious name btw, rather self-defaming really with a very negative connotation to it. essentially, its almost like using the nick numbnuts or dumbass or hardhead or similar.

and contrary to your opinion "Kettenhund" first and foremost *does* refer to a dog on a chain, usually at some farm, a miserable, tortured, abused creature, yet dumb, dangerous, insane and evil.

thats why the common german soldiers applied that nickname to the hated wehrmacht MPs, because apparently they felt the latter had similar qualities/character.

good day.

edit: well, its better than all those SS names out there, gotta give you credit for that.

btw Im out of this SS etc. s***hole for now.

[ October 06, 2006, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: M Hofbauer ]

Originally posted by Prince of Eckmühl:

I think that some of y'all spend too much time worrying about stuff like this. The boards are about the games, not personalities, right? If someone acts up, the forum cops will take care of them. :cool:

PoE

Well said.

BF

Originally posted by Sgt_Kelly:

Well, at least 1stSSLeibstandarte managed to spell Leibstandarte correctly and not 'Liebstandarte' as it is called in 90% of all scenario briefings that feature it.

Credit where credit is due.

I agree; I'm still giggling over that one, and the response it got from one of our German speakers. LOL.

Götz von Berlichtingen is always an amusing screen name too - I don't know if you had that in mind with your bare bum reference, but it does make me think of what the count's name really means in slang, and whether or not the SS fans who use it as a screenie know it too...