THE SAME Sabot

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sigrun:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

Quit stalling.

There's zero stalling involved. Anybody who knows the military history of WW2, who has studied it in depth for thirty years, objectively, knows the Waffen-SS kicked serious butt all the way through the war from 1939 to 1945. That is an undeniable and irrefutable fact.

</font>

Bookmark what exactly? 'Proof' that the Waffen-SS were what they were? One reads and assimilates the information, information that is there, and has been there for years. One does not compile it for future use on a forum where one might be asked to 'prove' what doesn't need to be 'proved'. The quality and effectiveness of the Waffen-SS, as combat troops, is a matter of public record. Some might dispute that they were 'the best troops the world has ever seen', but that is a distinction so far at the extreme of the contention that it simply doesn't warrant the kind of behaviour that has been displayed by certain members and admin here.

Well I'm obviously not as educated as you so perhaps you could point me towards the books or websites that best illustrate the claims you've made in this thread.

Quit stalling.

There's zero stalling involved. Anybody who knows the military history of WW2, who has studied it in depth for thirty years, objectively, knows the Waffen-SS kicked serious butt all the way through the war from 1939 to 1945. That is an undeniable and irrefutable fact.

But to say so means one is a nazi, apparently. How lame. How dishonest. How dispicably barren of even a shred of intellectual credibility. </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sigrun:

Quit stalling.

</font>

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

Bookmark what exactly? 'Proof' that the Waffen-SS were what they were? One reads and assimilates the information, information that is there, and has been there for years. One does not compile it for future use on a forum where one might be asked to 'prove' what doesn't need to be 'proved'. The quality and effectiveness of the Waffen-SS, as combat troops, is a matter of public record. Some might dispute that they were 'the best troops the world has ever seen', but that is a distinction so far at the extreme of the contention that it simply doesn't warrant the kind of behaviour that has been displayed by certain members and admin here.

Well I'm obviously not as educated as you so perhaps you could point me towards the books or websites that best illustrate the claims you've made in this thread. </font>

[QB] Sorry I'm not your usual brand of inarticulate fodder.

No, you're more inarticulate. See P51D's posts or cabron66...at least they had some fire in their eyes.

Oh, but I lie...I'm not sorry at all. You so richly deserved the thrashing you've had, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. Spineless forum pond-life like you deserve nothing less.
I've been thrashed? :confused: You didn't respond to a single thing I've said. If you're going to thrash me, at least have the courtesy of telling me!

Originally posted by Panzerjäger653:

Quit stalling.

But to say so means one is a nazi, apparently. How lame. How dishonest. How dispicably barren of even a shred of intellectual credibility. </font>

No, you're more inarticulate. See P51D's posts or cabron66...at least they had some fire in their eyes.

Oh, but I lie...I'm not sorry at all. You so richly deserved the thrashing you've had, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. Spineless forum pond-life like you deserve nothing less.
I've been thrashed? :confused: You didn't respond to a single thing I've said. If you're going to thrash me, at least have the courtesy of telling me! </font>

I can't remember where, but I came across the quote somewhere from a member of a Heer formation that he felt more secure having an SS unit beside his.

I think what certain SS units had, 1SS, 2SS, 3SS, 12SS, and perhaps 5SS, though I know less about them, was tenacity, derived from a commitment to the cause. With regard to the other SS divisions, at least the best of them, I don't think I'd put them ahead of the best Heer divisions.

What helped the SS, of course, was being favoured when it came to formation and refitting. It's that quality and quantity of equipment, combined with an idealogical zealotry that sets them apart.

But even then when you come to Lake Balaton you come to a point where even the cream of the SS divisions fall short.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzerjäger653:

Quit stalling.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I've been thrashed? :confused: You didn't respond to a single thing I've said. If you're going to thrash me, at least have the courtesy of telling me! </font>

Originally posted by balder:

Sigrun is a fanboy of fascist military and its deadly effectiveness. Furthermore the 'Waffen-SS' was involved in mass-murdering at all frontlines.

I am German by the way.

I'm sure you are, and clearly another victim of revisionist allied indoctrination. How much of it do they ram down your throats at school? Is it like a big part of your history lessons? From when until when in your school career? Who's covered as being evil nazis? Just the Waffen-SS, or all the Wehrmacht? Luftwaffe? Kriegsmarine? Is there any member of the German armed forces who might just have been a decent man doing his duty for his country and people?

Entire generations, dis-honouring their WW2 veterans. The americans have had a taste of that too, after Vietnam. Truly appalling.

Originally posted by Sirocco:

I can't remember where, but I came across the quote somewhere from a member of a Heer formation that he felt more secure having an SS unit beside his.

I think what certain SS units had, 1SS, 2SS, 3SS, 12SS, and perhaps 5SS, though I know less about them, was tenacity, derived from a commitment to the cause. With regard to the other SS divisions, at least the best of them, I don't think I'd put them ahead of the best Heer divisions.

What helped the SS, of course, was being favoured when it came to formation and refitting. It's that quality and quantity of equipment, combined with an idealogical zealotry that sets them apart.

But even then when you come to Lake Balaton you come to a point where even the cream of the SS divisions fall short.

Not to mention that in the East couldn't surrender because of the runes on their collar. They had no choice but to fight to the death. Trapped rats are always brave. They have to be.

The only irony Steve is your distorted thinking calling my thinking distorted. :D I've studied the subject matter ten years longer than you, and unlike you I'm not afraid to think freely and look outside the box by which you and your ilk are constrained.

"Millions took part" indeed; what complete and utter rubbish. But hugely funny. Clearly your four years at university taught you nothing of value. About the best you can come up with is rhetoric and crude insults, such as implying I must be a neo-nazi because I regard the Waffen-SS for what they were. A truly shabby display, but not so suprising when you are clearly playing to the cheap flattery of the peanut gallery. :D

And to bring up "snazzy uniforms" but made of "cheap material"...oh my god, how peurile?! :D:D:D

Trying to talk sense to so throughly indoctrinated mental stumps as you lot is no more productive than trying to herd cats. You don't debate, you simply hurl insults and abuse. "Nazi" this and "neo-nazi" that. A truly classic forum mob of buddy-back-slapping, communal-cock-pumping know-nothings. ;)

The language says one thing, the emoticons the other. How odd. How illuminating.

Nothing new under the sun, Sigrun, and I'll be here long after you're gone.

Lol. No, you won't Michael, I'll be here whenever it suits me. Email addresses and proxies up the ying-yang mate.

Makes you feel stupid when you get hoisted on a bag of your own hot air, don't it. ;):D

I do have to laugh, reading one desperate attempt after another to try and prove how crap the Waffen-SS were. Do any of you chaps ever listen to yourselves? Talk about painting yourselves into a corner. Historians? Amateuer or otherwise, you're an absolute disgrace.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Nothing new under the sun, Sigrun, and I'll be here long after you're gone.

Lol. No, you won't Michael, I'll be here whenever it suits me. Email addresses and proxies up the ying-yang mate.

Makes you feel stupid when you get hoisted on a bag of your own hot air, don't it. ;):D </font>

I do have to laugh, reading one desperate attempt after another to try and prove how crap the Waffen-SS were. Do any of you chaps ever listen to yourselves? Talk about painting yourselves into a corner. Historians? Amateuer or otherwise, you're an absolute disgrace.

I'm not saying the Waffen-SS were crap (nor do i believe every Waffen-SS were all hardcore Nazis) - some of the stuff they pulled off on the Eastern Front is unbelievable - I just disagree they kicked ass from 1939 to 1945 !

Originally posted by Balder:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> who might just have been a decent man doing his duty for his country and people?

I give a **** about 'honour' and I see nothing good when people go into war for an imperialistic state. </font>

I am hoping you are a University psychology experiment and that you spell my name correctly when your study is published.

Hmmm It's an experiment gone horribly wrong then! I think the ethics committee needs to hear about this! ;)