SI Interivew Now UP!

Strategyinformer

Nice interview. Moon made a small goof. While we talked about Real Time Tactical on this board, he assumes it was a new term and states that it was coined here in the interview. I knew I had heard it before so I went looking to see what game used it before.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-time_tactics

Sid Meier's CW games are listed on that page as well as some games that many of us would not consider as RTT. Sudden Strike, for example is identified as RTT vice RTS.

ToW fits in the RTT definition there, but I think Moon is thinking of a narrower definition. Maybe RRTT, Realistic Real Time Tactics.

Great news about the Engagement ranges. Makes this a must buy - must upgrade PC - must get out more for me.

TBH, the only things I think are really lacking is a realistic arty, realistic mortars and entering buildings. Considering how many things they have to get RIGHT that's a very small list.

Originally posted by RMC:

Nice interview. Moon made a small goof. While we talked about Real Time Tactical on this board, he assumes it was a new term and states that it was coined here in the interview. I knew I had heard it before so I went looking to see what game used it before.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-time_tactics

Sid Meier's CW games are listed on that page as well as some games that many of us would not consider as RTT. Sudden Strike, for example is identified as RTT vice RTS.

ToW fits in the RTT definition there, but I think Moon is thinking of a narrower definition. Maybe RRTT, Realistic Real Time Tactics.

Heh. this makes you a Grog grog.

Nice interview. Moon made a small goof. While we talked about Real Time Tactical on this board, he assumes it was a new term and states that it was coined here in the interview.

well just like Blitzkrieg according to Moon was coined by the invasion of france 1940.*

hmmm guess its quite a bummer when a term that you invented and chose to delimitate yourself from the scum

suddenly turns out to be worn by the very scum...so that you're lumped together into the same pile again...

otherwise.. what I'm reading is...you guessed it RMC... Im getting negative vibes here...

"late war monster tanks"..."Most of the most common units used during the war are in, plus some that have been pretty rare but have a very high “coolness” factor."...."There is a lot of cool stuff in the game"..."TOW doesn’t do everything 100% realistic"..."In short: this game ROCKS"..."For the hardcore grognards, the message is slightly different. It goes like this: shut up and enjoy the game."

hmmm...

hmmmmm...

the waves... the waves...

btw wonder what a US/UK campaign is supposed to be - do I get to select from a mixed force pool that has both US and UK items in it? :confused:

*n.b.: this is so obviously wrong that it is not covered under the grog-gag-order

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

hmmm guess its quite a bummer when a term that you invented and chose to delimitate yourself from the scum

suddenly turns out to be worn by the very scum...so that you're lumped together into the same pile again...

I don't think CDV and the Sudden Strike gang applied that term to themselves though. Someone else did and since Wiki is the foundation of all truth...

"late war monster tanks"..."Most of the most common units used during the war are in, plus some that have been pretty rare but have a very high “coolness” factor."...."There is a lot of cool stuff in the game"..."TOW doesn’t do everything 100% realistic"..."In short: this game ROCKS"..."For the hardcore grognards, the message is slightly different. It goes like this: shut up and enjoy the game."

I'm thinking late war monster tanks are JSIII (jaja), KT, ST and JT. If a Maus or E100 shows up, well then I'll have the negative waves too. But what's cooler than a Sturmtiger launching its Death Hand missile? You know you're going to do it just once. Sdkfz 251 with Wurfrahmen? You know it has to be there too...minimum range be damned.

He pretty much said rarity is not a factor so you could collect quite a stable of big tanks - even as a US/UK player.

Still for MP nothing some house rules won't take of.

hmmm...

hmmmmm...

the waves... the waves...

The dramamine... the dramamine...

Originally posted by Moon:

No, you will start with a US mission, then the next mission will be UK, then perhaps again US and so forth. So you really have two core forces.

Martin

Ugh!

You cant be serious. :(

I would much rather have one full UK campaign and one full US campaign.

I dont know if my ADD will be able to take it.

A Panther with a Pz IV turret would be a nice addition, but that is a bit too far fetched probably (they were made, but the mainstream gamer doesn't care and only wants the real Panther with an L/70, not an L/48).

BTW: I noticed Moon's name is Martin van Balkom, does that mean he's (partially) Dutch/Flemish or did the Americans (or another country) steal another Dutch name?

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RMC:

:confused:

inert replica weapon for theater & film studio purposes ? </font>

Originally posted by ComradeP:

A Panther with a Pz IV turret would be a nice addition, but that is a bit too far fetched probably (they were made, but the mainstream gamer doesn't care and only wants the real Panther with an L/70, not an L/48).

The only thing that this hybrid got going for it is the looks. Seen it, looks cool.

I mean, come on, why does is every CM player with a full set of brains afraid to use the Pz IV, and if so, avoids going hull down like a vampire avoids garlic?

right - the turret.

and you don't remedy that by putting the 5cm turret onto a Panther hull.

(even though the turret front of the Panther got shortchanged in CMBB)

BTW: I noticed Moon's name is Martin van Balkom, does that mean he's (partially) Dutch/Flemish or did the Americans (or another country) steal another Dutch name?

he's german.

well, from northern germany, anyways, IIRC, so I guess by southern german standards he's indeed dutch-flemish-frisian-whatever :D

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RMC:

:confused:

inert replica weapon for theater & film studio purposes ? </font>