Put on your own face?

gunnersman

ParaBellum,

Twisted, but a logical extension of certain other games. A friend of mine used to be a rabid player of AH's B-17: Queen of the Skies. Don't know whether you know the game or not, but it's solitaire board wargame with the B-17 at the center and Luftwaffe fighters coming in from all angles. It models a single plane and individual crewmen. Pilots are nameable on the mission roster. For the sake of gameplay excitement, the game has much higher than historical damage and loss rates, making it challenging indeed to get through the 25 missions which constitute a tour. Using his friends only as pilots, he soon ran out.

When he told us this, we were less than pleased.

Yes, the ToW modding possibilities are indeed juicy, but SOFAIK, only we will see our own. I really want to see your Andreas mod, though, when when you get it done. Seems funny as all get out!

Michael Dorosh may indeed become an MG target, but it wouldn't surprise me, given some of the things I've been called, to wind up a mod myself. What do you think of my charging into battle, waving a 9/11 banner, while on my back is a running iMac barely wheezing along while surrounded with strange visual distortions representing the seismic energies? Someone else can figure out the power cord. You'd think I'd be vulnerable in this configuration, but I'd have a UFO flying top cover!

Regards,

John Kettler

John, I remember the AH game, and actually did the same with Microprose's B-17 II computer game, naming my crew after friends.

What do you think of my charging into battle, waving a 9/11 banner, while on my back is a running iMac barely wheezing along while surrounded with strange visual distortions representing the seismic energies?
/South Park voice

"Oh my god! They killed Kettler!!"

/South Park voice off

Lovely.

:D

ParaBellum,

Thought you might like it!

Vergeltungswaffe,

"Well, the eyes of the Ranger are upon you.."

That said, please explain to me how a man with a deployed chute can be traveling at roughly twice the speed of a human body, sans chute, in free fall? I grant Chuck Norris is tough, but am unaware he'd managed to repeal physics!

On a more serious note, I think that the ability to mod faces is very cool, and I expect the modders will do some amazing things with just that

feature.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

ParaBellum,

Thought you might like it!

Vergeltungswaffe,

"Well, the eyes of the Ranger are upon you.."

That said, please explain to me how a man with a deployed chute can be traveling at roughly twice the speed of a human body, sans chute, in free fall? I grant Chuck Norris is tough, but am unaware he'd managed to repeal physics!

On a more serious note, I think that the ability to mod faces is very cool, and I expect the modders will do some amazing things with just that

feature.

Regards,

John Kettler

In IL-2 you can actually take your photograph and put it on the pilots face, thus YOU are flying the thing. So theoretically you should be able to do that in ToW.

I would think that would personalize the game more if you were to put faces of your choice on your core units.

It's the speed of the plane, not the parachute. ;)

There will be a lot of people having fun whilst blasting G. W. B. or other famous people, such as that guy from the Numa Numa dance, or Leroy Jenkins.

I will personally be killing Albert West, even though the Dutch are not included in the game, that man deserves digital death for all the crappy music he has produced in his lifetime.

ParaBellum,

Regards,

John Kettler

The observer is running away from Chuck.

Not that it matters.

Anyway, Chuck's only using the chute for show.