PLEASE!!! not embarassing speeches in this game

Nightkin

Hello!

Just watched this games convention video and now im a full of fear! :D

I fear that the whole atmosphärere of a good wargame will be KILLED by embarring comments of the soldiers. In the video I heard thing like:

"Macht die kommunistischen Soldaten fertig!"

"Immer schön festnageln"

"Wir werden euch überrollen"

in english this means something like

"Beat the communist soldiers" (OMG :( )

"Nail them" (OMFG :( )

"We will overrun you" (LOLOMFG :( )

This is so embarassing!

Why s it so hard to create some realistic, atmospheric, strong speeches for the soldiers. Like officers screaming orders to their soldiers, or soldiers giving infomrations to each other??

Man, I really hope these embarassing sounds from the video will not find their way in the game...

Nightkin: judging by the " :mad: " quality speeches that other games deliver (or stupid English sentences with a Russian accent whenever a Russian says something) I hope this game doesn't use more than basic quotes, if any.

Using German units as an example:

A "Ja(wohl)", "Bereit" or "Fahrzeug meldet sich" is actually useful, as it confirms a unit is selected and ready to receive orders.

An "Unterwegs", "wir rollen", "befehl bestaetigt" is useful for order confirmation.

A simple "Feuer" is good enough to confirm a unit is firing.

More complicated messages will probably either sound funny, or distract you from the actual gameplay (or both).

All those voices were taken ( stolen? ) from Call of Duty 2
Even though they were recorded in "their studio" (same studio?)

I noticed that too, but my statement was more about the possible voices that might be in the game, than the video speeches.

Originally posted by WineCape:

I want chicken noises in ToW.

You fool! All chickens were already eaten. That's the last noise you will hear on a battlefield. A rooster making his wake-up call, has signed his death sencence at the same time.

Now you mention it. Normandy is actually very good duck country. So, in order of 'pok, pok, pok, pwoaaak!..' we should have 'kwék, kwék, kwék, kwaaak...!'

Originally posted by Denwad:

All those voices were taken ( stolen? ) from Call of Duty 2

COD2 was very interesting becuase the soldiers do give each other information

thats what i said in the other thread and megakill said that its all in house...but for those who played COD2 can easily recognize that the voices in the movie is clearly from COD2