Let soldiers can enter buildings !

fyb2002

Hi.

I'm a zealous this game fan.

But just before, I heared that this game is

not contain "entering building system"

Why?

I don't understand it.

You, developer's duty is to satisfy gamers.

Please do not justify your act.

I'm very angry now.

[ August 05, 2006, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: fyb2002 ]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by fyb2002:

Is there Mortar troop team?

If not -> I don't understand why developer make

this game for 5 years. :(

fyb2002, if you really want to show those developer a thing or two and really make them hang their heads in shame, I suggest you quickly whip up your own game where people can walk in and out of houses all they want.

//Salkin

The Sims is excellent for the usage of buildings - unfortunately those developers also left out mortars [Mad] - so I refuse to play it. I have littered their forum with complaints but they just laugh at me.
:D good one.

Maybe you just have to open 50 new threads for this topic. I think, this could change their mind and they will implant mortars. ;)

Originally posted by Melnibone:

The Sims is excellent for the usage of buildings - unfortunately those developers also left out mortars :mad: - so I refuse to play it. I have littered their forum with complaints but they just laugh at me.

*snicker*

Sirocco: that battle has been lost before it has begun. It seems most of us just want the game to be released, as they've been eagerly anticipating it. Modders/future additions to the game might "cure" some of the "ailments" that some see, and until that time we'll have to hold on to what we've got.

As a side note: if there are no/few urban combat maps (which wouldn't surprise me if buildings can't be entered in the initial release) I don't think the lack of "usable" buildings will matter much. Besides: you can always hide units behind buildings, whether you can enter them with infantry or not. Buildings can usually soak up a few rounds of direct fire projectiles that would otherwise have eliminated the vehicle behind the building.

Concerning mortars: the peculiarity is that we do get airstrikes (and quite a lot of them) but not mortars, which might seem odd, but remember that other artillery was present in older screenshots.

Personally, I prefer artillery over airpower, but that is just a matter of preference and I think most battles will include some sort of artillery and airpower at the same time. I can live without mortars until some modder (re)implents them, if they're not in the initial release.

As I understand it the code is in there to allow entry to buildings, but it's been problematic. I would suggest taking some extra time to get that right, because it *will* be something reviewers comment on. Mortars are more obscure, but buildings are likely to be an issue.

because it *will* be something reviewers comment on
As I stated: that depends on the nature of the maps. If 95% doesn't include more than a dozen random farm buildings, I don't think it's a big deal to reviewers. The buildings can always be used as cover, even though one can't enter them. Reviewers might note that "buildings can't be entered currently, but modders and the development team are trying to solve that" or a similar statement.

In the example AAR battle, there were no buildings that could've provided a significant advantage, as almost everything on the "German" side of the map was in the line of fire of Polish AT/ATY.