Unladen Swallows

Nerd King

Originally posted by Liebchen:

Um, Ike, if I'm not mistaken, it was the scene at the bridge crossing. The French castle/outpost scene's quote was more along the lines of "Your father was a hamster and your mother smelled of elderberries," or some such.

FWIW, of course.

"I wave my gentials in your general direction!" Not that I'm actually doing that, but that quote is from the same scene. Or the Holy Hand Greande of St Antioch... sigh! Comedy genius...

Cheers fur noo

George

Sergei:

And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits." And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima beans-

Originally posted by Ike:

Easy-peasy, Shmavis: a "pram" is a "perambulator". Known in more civilized and less obtuse locations as a baby-carriage. <laugh>

Yes, but pram is shorter than 'baby-carriage'. Let the colonials borrow the language, and what do we get back? ;)

I work with the US all the time, and it is amazing the number of words that will trip you. I mean, you don't want to go near 'tramp'!