Troop hatch

zmoney

vincere,

True enough. Crew and passengers both have the "Open" order, so as you rightly point out, they should be able to open and close their own hatches independently. The only function of "Hide" I can think of for crew or passengers is to stop them firing. Thus, you could have passengers "Open" to open the hatch but "Hide" to not fire on anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed today that in the Recce Stryker the troops were buttoned up. I dismounted them then had them get back in. When they got in, they unbuttoned for about 5 seconds then buttoned up again. Actual visual of the troop getting low and closing the hatch.

So it would seem to me that it is there as a visual for that vehicle, it is possible that the IFV Stryker is simply an incomplete model.

I also noticed (on the same vehicle) that if I told the troops in the back to "open", the crew popped out instead and manned the .50, not exactly visually correct.

I would be happy with the air sentry just sitting down instead of them acting like lemmings and popping out one after the other to see who shot the guy before him. The closing of the hatch would just be icing on the cake.

Just my observations.

Originally posted by Spindry69:

Yeah, there should be an option to either fully button, or for the troops to lend spotting and fire support.

I believe they do. They definately provide fire support anyway, I've seen them firing on the enemy. And if they can fire on the enemy, I assume they lend a hand with spotting as well.

Although, this is all moot if you ask me. If you have a striker that's under fire, and he still has his squad in his belly, you're in a bad situation if you ask me.

I'm of the school of "dismount early". Stryker is little more than a slightly armoured taxi. Once your squad is on foot it can act as a base of fire. But you definately don't want your squad inside of it when things get hot.

Originally posted by Snake Raper:

I noticed today that in the Recce Stryker the troops were buttoned up. I dismounted them then had them get back in. When they got in, they unbuttoned for about 5 seconds then buttoned up again. Actual visual of the troop getting low and closing the hatch.

Amazing. I tried this and you are absolutely correct. It looks like BFC originally coded for the air guard to be able to button/unbutton but didn't finish it.

In light of this, I think it is only fair on us paying customers for the incomplete code to be added into CM:SF as soon as possible.