USMC module before Christmas?

BFC's not known for rushing out a product to make holiday sales. They often say they want this game to have the stamina for a long run, not not just a short sprint. That being said, its hard to guess because we don't know what's going into the module. New equipment, new TO&E, probably some fancy addition to the enemy, and no doubt an entire Marines Campaign. Knowing them we could expect more besides! On the plus side the basic game engine would be out of the way - unless they decide to tackle some of the extra stuff still on their 'wish list'.

From the synopsis thread

"First follow module after CM:SF

We hope to have the 1st Module out sometime before the WWII version. Our target is 8 months from start to finish. The USMC is significantly different that the US Army, both in terms of equipment and organization.

I've gone over this before, but as it stands right now (which means its just my personal take on things) we will do the following:

1. USMC

2. British

3. German based (this would likely include Germany, Canada, and perhaps The Netherlands)

That's it. Figure 8 months each and you've got yourself nearly 3 years of Modules."

"1. USMC

2. British

3. German based (this would likely include Germany, Canada, and perhaps The Netherlands)

That's it. Figure 8 months each and you've got yourself nearly 3 years of Modules."

Errr.... hate to argue with Steve.. but 8 months x 3 modules = 24 months which is two years :D

Actually I love to argue with Steve, but that is none of your business. ;)

Bil

Originally posted by Sequoia:

Yes. The first module/add on pack (the basic game is needed to play) will add the US Marines and their vehicles and equipment as well as some additional goodies for the Syrians.

Is this confirmed by BFC or just rumors?

Coming from the UK I will of course be waiting for the Brits module the most (although I will enjoy playing the USMC as well having just finished reading "Ambush Alley" and just started "No True Glory").

I feel privileged that the British will feature at all given that BFC is an American company catering mainly for the American market. Thank you BFC.