Mobile Gun System AutoLoader

I had a couple questions about the stryker MGS.

1. How Many rounds can the autoloader hold

2. how does the autoloader compare with that of soviet design.

3. Does it have to elevate to reload

4. what is it rate of fire

Thank you in advance no matter how much I try i just can seem to find this information. and the only helpfull pages i could find are these

Gobal Security

Wikepedia

I don't have my info in front of me, but to get the ball rolling i *think*:

1) the MGS autoloader holds 8 rounds.

2) Two different animals (actually 3, since there are two Russian autoloader types). T72 uses a common charge with two separate shell types (the APFSDS shell packs extra popellant for a higher MV). The MGS autoloads 1 piece 105mm rounds from a horizontal autoloader.

3) MGS, from promotional videos, doesn't appear to have to return to a neutral position to reload. I don't believe the turret can rotate a full 180 though.

4) I can't locate rate-of-fire stats. Its competitor the M8 AGS had a ROF of 12 rounds per minute and twice the ammo loadout.

Thanks for the info however I have 2 follow up questions

1.b. How many round can it hould outside the autoloader

2.b. Does anyone know where i can find a technical decription of the autoloader

M8 a competitor?!?!?!?! If I remember right the M8 program was killed 10 years in FY 96 or 97(when i was still not a teenager)

The anecdotal accounts I've read of the MGS autoloader is that it is not very reliable. When loading jams occur it's very tough to sort out because the MGS turret is very cramped and the autoloading mechanism takes up most of this space. These opinions are from threads I've read on Military Photos.

The autoloader carousel holds 8 rounds and the vehicle has 18 rounds total.

The autoloader WAS buggy, anyway. Don't know about now. For production they dropped in a totally redesigned autoloader (I had pictures but I can't find 'em), plus a greatly enlarged turret basket, plus they deleted the problematic 'pepperpot' muzzle break. They did a LOT of work on that design before release.

Still wasn't enough to keep Canada from cancelling their MGS order, though. :rolleyes:

A more appropriate comment than you think! While working on the Beta every once in awhile a new set of 'production' MGS shots would appear in the press looking dramatically different than the last photos. You could almost hear a "D'oh!" coming from Dan through the internet, and a revised vehicle polygon would promptly appear in the next build. it was just in the last few weeks (I think) that pictures of the production MGS actually serving in Iraq first appeared! The MGS in the game is a VERY VERY faithful rendering.

I was about to answer but I hesitated.

I know its just got a couple emergency APFSDS (its supposed to be mostly an assault gun, remember) but i simply cannot recall if its got more than one type of HE round. By the time i go home (I'm at work), fire up the game, check the ammo loadout and get back to you you may have already downloaded the full game for yourself! :D