Please go through that gap in the wall -- Pretty Please?

Vehicles seem to often not be able to drive through huge gaps in the wall, and this is arbitrary, with both tracked and wheeled vehicles. One mission also would not let me target a wall -- not sure what that was about.

I turned one wall into swiss cheese, huge gaps twice as big as the vehicles that were supposed to go through -- I finally gave up and drove the rest around, as only 1 in 3 actually would obey the commands.

Not as worried about the vehicle commands (because I have not encountered the problem!), but irritated that my stryker vehicles will not use their javelin ATGMs against enemy Bradley IFVs. The machine guns are ineffective, and yet they sit and die rather than use the one weapon upon which I was counting upon to neutralize the enemy!

Sigh.

In retrospect, they deserved to die.

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Not as worried about the vehicle commands (because I have not encountered the problem!), but irritated that my stryker vehicles will not use their javelin ATGMs against enemy Bradley IFVs. The machine guns are ineffective, and yet they sit and die rather than use the one weapon upon which I was counting upon to neutralize the enemy!

Sigh.

In retrospect, they deserved to die.

Steve

Strykers aren't equipped with Javelins as a weapon system...They are equipped with Javelins for use by the infantry that ride in the back of the Stryker.

Javelins are for use by dismounted infantry.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Not as worried about the vehicle commands (because I have not encountered the problem!), but irritated that my stryker vehicles will not use their javelin ATGMs against enemy Bradley IFVs.

Yep you have to equip your infantry with the javelin and then dismount them to use it.

And don't forget to grab the javelin launcher as well (because I did once redface.gif )

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Not as worried about the vehicle commands (because I have not encountered the problem!), but irritated that my stryker vehicles will not use their javelin ATGMs against enemy Bradley IFVs.

Yep you have to equip your infantry with the javelin and then dismount them to use it.

And don't forget to grab the javelin launcher as well (because I did once :o ) </font>