Shaking the Peng Challenge Thread, Boss

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Partying with Rodney Carrington would be awesome.

Unless Chinga Chavin was available, of course.

I'm just an *sshole from El Paso...

Good man Lars ... the first step is to admit that you have a problem.

But to suggest that you're a Texan does attempt to ameliorate the admission a bit, it's like saying "Hi, I'm Lars and I'm an alcoholic/addict/slumlord (take your pick) ... but I have a nice boat."

Joe </font>

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Partying with Rodney Carrington would be awesome.

Unless Chinga Chavin was available, of course.

I'm just an *sshole from El Paso...

Good man Lars ... the first step is to admit that you have a problem.

But to suggest that you're a Texan does attempt to ameliorate the admission a bit, it's like saying "Hi, I'm Lars and I'm an alcoholic/addict/slumlord (take your pick) ... but I have a nice boat."

Joe </font>

I hereby challenge you, lad, to a game of CMSF when it comes out. I'll give you enough time to have Shari read the manual to you and explain how to load the game first.

Joe

Hey, Joe, do you think we'll be done with our game before you start this new game with Lars? I mean, I don't think it would be fair to you to have to worry about sending turns in two games when you find it impossible to do with one game.*

(This post brought to you by the "Joe, send a freakin' turn or I'll come visit" Department of Redundancy Department.)

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

I hereby challenge you, lad, to a game of CMSF when it comes out. I'll give you enough time to have Shari read the manual to you and explain how to load the game first.

Joe

Hey, Joe, do you think we'll be done with our game before you start this new game with Lars? I mean, I don't think it would be fair to you to have to worry about sending turns in two games when you find it impossible to do with one game.*

(This post brought to you by the "Joe, send a freakin' turn or I'll come visit" Department of Redundancy Department.) </font>

How DARE you sir ... I've been patiently waiting all this time for you to surrender in our game and you've NOT DONE SO!

I see no value in protracted manuvers and orders when the outcome is pre-ordained. The very INSTANT that you agree to a surrender I'll send a turn ... but not before.

I know what you mean about "preordained".

I mean... for the last several turns my men have been moving forward while yours have all been moving backwards.

Those who are able to move, that is.

Besides ... CMAK is so ... 2004.

While your wardrobe is 1974.

Originally posted by Mace:

But calling anyone from one of the former Confederate States a Northerner ... THAT GOES TOO FAR!

Well you're a lot more to the North than I am. </font>

Tales of Small Emma: It Does Us All Good...

So, last night, I was all in my 'work clothes'. And I showed up at Emma's house. But she's learned a thing or two, and she knows what is what.

So, when I showed up, she told me 'Hello, Grandma Steve! I think you should change into your play clothes! And then you should talk to Mommy, and rest a while. Because you have been working.'

"And then we will play!"

And we do play. She is the best little girl in all the World.

Every other week, I suffer from the gout, or the diverticulosis, or some other fecking malady. I will die, soon.

She's very humorous, my Small Friend. She loves me immensely.

She tells me: Grandma Steve, you are my friend!

When the panic of Nothingness hits me, I remember that I am her friend.

And then it's not so bad.

Well, except that bit where i wonder about what Boo is doing to glorify my name.

Boo, it's not like I'm not right here, you fecking idiot!

Well, except that bit where i wonder about what Boo is doing to glorify my name.

Now that's just NOT TRUE Seanachai ... well the part about you being not right here is true, which is to say that you're frequently NOT ...right here that is ... in fact there's serious conjecture as to whether you're ever ... well, RIGHT to put it bluntly.

But what is NOT true is that he doesn't go about glorifying your name. I've heard him many times suddenly break off a perfectly reasonable and rational discussion (or at least as reasonable and rational as he's capable of) to suddenly scream STEVE, STEVE, HE'S OUR MAN, IF STEVE CAN'T DO IT NO ONE CAN ... or again STEVE, ALL PRAISE STEVE, PRAISE HIM I SAY.

Then he returns to the conversation as if nothing had happened, rather disconcerting if truth be told.

Of course he's referring to Steve McQueen but by GAWD that's your name too isn't it.

Joe

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

Voltaire? Wasn't he the guy who discovered electricity? Or was that Eddystone...? Nah, that's right, he built the lighthouse.

I suppose if Noba did exist, it would be necessary to disinvent him. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Every other week, I suffer from the gout, or the diverticulosis, or some other fecking malady. I will die, soon.

You can't die from that ****, you bloody fool.

If you want to be around to enjoy Small Emma awhile longer. Take better care of yourself, and eat a proper diet with lots of natural fiber.

So, last night, I was all in my 'work clothes'. And I showed up at Emma's house.

You did!!!!

*Sigh*

Sorry I missed you, I was busy playing fiefdom and didn't hear the doorbell.. But.... Had I known you were about to visit I'd have baked a cake or somfink...

And what's all this talk about dying.... hell man.. you're no older than me and I don't intend going anywhere for at least another 30yrs or so.. (God willing)....

And anyway, you can't die until wee Emma is all grown up... like you said, she loves you.. And if that's not a good enough reason to stick around, you once promised to write my very own epitaph, and seeing as I intend to live till I'm 80 plus then you sure as hell ain't going anywhere fast.. You wouldn't welch on a promise... would you?

"It's not like I'm not..." OK, so does that mean you're here or not? Because if you're here, why haven't you bought me a drink, you horrible little man?

And is your E-mail fixed or not? You send E-mails, but you never answer E-mails!