We spoiled brats, we great unwashed, we customers...

Mord,

I hear you and agree with you about variety being the spice of life and all that, but...

Would you guys be willing to release modules that are centered around equipment and TOE's and the like?
...that's where about 90% of our work is, so no we won't be doing a Module stuffed full of units. It would basically be the same as making CMx1 title over again. As stated repeatedly, we aren't going to get ourselves hemmed in like that again.

You'll get a fairly decent variety and number of units per release and a fairly large number when all Modules are added up. However, after all is said and done you won't have the full breadth of a front or epoch like CMx1 titles. It's just too much work and distraction from doing other things (i.e. other Titles and other Modules).

Steve

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough...not sure if that is pee worthy but maybe I'll give Dalem a splash just so he knows he's not forgotten.

I wasn't sure when you said you guys didn't want to do as much unit wise if that meant not outright but maybe over a period of time. But you've cleared it up and it's not a game killer for me whatsoever. There is enough going into CMX2 that it overshadows this anyway. Once I get my mind totally wrapped around less units more game play it's not gonna matter. Now I just gotta sit back and wait for some screenies.

Mord.

Originally posted by Mord:

Fair enough...not sure if that is pee worthy but maybe I'll give Dalem a splash just so he knows he's not forgotten.

Yeah, this - the "depth not breadth" direction - is the one thing that sorta has me worried in my selfish whiney gamer way. I suspect that, in the end, the choices BFC provides us will cover 90% of what I'd normally play with anyway, but I admit I'm a little nervous at the prospect of facing disappointment. My problem not theirs, and only time will tell. I've ridden this horse this far, I think it can take me the rest of the way.

Yippee-Kiyay, Battlefront!

-dale

Originally posted by Zalgiris 1410:

Some BFC is making CMx2 sound more and more like the Close Combat series, sigh! :(

Well, yeah. I know a great many people whose first reaction to CMBO was, why doesn't it cover the whole WW2 like Steel Panthers did already back in 1994? But I didn't feel that that was a problem, and doing something like SP at the accuracy of CMBO (all the 3d models, voice acting etc.) would have been totally impossible.

However, I don't feel totally comfortable with this BFC interest in modelling individual Platoons in each module up to the each pimple on the faces of your young Para's bursting at historic times, so that when combined, you get the whole Easy Company to play with. It doesn't sound like it'd give as much bang for the buck as CMBB or CMAK did (unless each module costs, like, a penny).

Thanks for the replies from BFC.

If I understand this correctly, it may go something like this?

Title: CMx2 Ardennes '44

Module: The US Paratroopers

Module: Kampfgruppe Peiper

Title: CMx2 Korea

Module: The UN alliance

Module: Chinese intervention

Title: CMx2 Pacific

Module: US Marines

Module: China, Burm, India

etc, etc.

We won't be able to pit Peiper against the SNLF, and if technology enables a groovy new water effect for the hypothetical Pacific title, don't look for it to get patched to the hypothetical Ardennes title.

All to the good, IMHO, if I have grasped it correctly. As a Jarhead, I would jump on the Pacific title and modules, but since my interest in the Spanish Civil War is pretty limited, I would have the option to pass on it completely or just get the Title and no modules.

I would expect that the Titles and Modules would provide plenty of gaming goodness to tide my over if the next release did not twirl my toes, so I won't begrudge the Spanish Civil War enthusiast a his day in the sun. Also, I could console myself knowing that any improvements made in the game during a Title I passed on would likely show up in the next title that I wanted.

Is this about right?