Biggest surprises in upcoming CMSF release.

Originally posted by panzermartin:

A bonus campaign with Leonidas and his 300 Spartans defending Damascus against the ugly hordes of barbarian strykers. The ultimate asymmetrical challenge :D

not completely, the Spartans get polytheistic god support, able to be called in by certain spartan radiomen and/or prophets. Support options include Zeus throwing lightning bolts and Hades' arrows of death.

not completely, the Spartans get polytheistic god support, able to be called in by certain spartan radiomen and/or prophets. Support options include Zeus throwing lightning bolts and Hades' arrows of death.

Hey, that will make it even more asymmetrical. It is the Spartans that have the edge in the campaign. Haven't you seen the movie?

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Omens. Syrians get omens from the gods. A reasonable substitute for Predator overflights. There's even animations of chickens being sacrificed on the battlefield and their entrails inspected.

I'm not sure about the animations part...too much eye candy work. I'd go for abstracted with distant chicken sounds.

What, no grenade-firing machine guns, Predator dones, ATGMs or body armor on the Western Front? :rolleyes:

Just as a point of order; the British and Canadians did wear body armour in North-west Europe in 1944-45; it was called Medical Research Council armour (MRC) but it isn't clear how widely it was used. Probably not used much by infantrymen, but we just don't know since it was often worn underneath the clothing and thus not easily discernible in period photos.

http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/mediawiki-1.5.5/index.php?title=Medical_Research_Council_Body_Armour

Ya no ARTILLERY from a Paladin will hurt the most. :( No car bombings except by French Resistance Pepe Le Bleu fighters. No ATGM to make the Americans stand a chance against those Tigers. No Bradleys to make you wonder why God didnt invent the TOW II by Verdun. No release date that says CMWWII released July 27th.

Man I can hardly wait to play this game.

The biggest surprise is going to be that after playing modern war for awhile even the most die-hard grogs will find playing WWII boring in comparison. What, no grenade-firing machine guns, Predator dones, ATGMs or body armor on the Western Front? :rolleyes:

The guy is 65 and would still kick all of your butts. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ivan Drago:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Misereor:

2. Three types of off-board support. Artillery, Air, and Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks.

I rather like that one, but then the devs would have to give the Syrians something like 'Fist of Allah' to balance it out a bit...then again, I'm not at all sure Allah could beat Chuck Norris. I mean, that guy has made a lot of karate movies! </font>

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Homo ferricus,

Were it not for the fact that Ivan Petrofskiy Skovar had already dealt with him, I'd be seriously concerned by an Abdullah Bulbul Amir!

Regards,

John Kettler

Ivan SKAVINSKY SKIVAR, you infidel :mad:

Are we getting the cream of the Muscovite Tsar, then?