Driver settings = max quality

Supersampling AA

Antialiasing 16Q

Anisotropy 16x

Game settings = 1600x1200

Best quality Best textures

Running at high priority (in v1.02)

Map = Passage at Wilcox

Default camera view at the mission start (unit deployment) and moving the first Bradley on fast to a waypoint straight ahead

FPS measurements by FRAPS

v1.01 = 9-10 FPS (this varies up or down by 2 FPS)

v1.02 = 9-10 FPS (same variability)

I love you guys.

I realize this, but this thread was really a response to someone that posted about the v1.02 patch smoothing out his gameplay and perhaps improving frame rate. This may indeed be the case with his setup, but I wanted just to post this data for a FYI thing

"And knowing is half the battle ! Go Joe !"

Hi Knac.

Nah.. the performance isnt that bad, but I maxed everything as far as I could to see what would happen. Granted, the 8800 should be smoking on this game, but I'm sure the issue will be resolved in the future.

If I calm down and turn down the AA to 8xQ and aniso to off, it runs at 20-ish.. A little slow but not too bad. I just cant wait for the performance patch.

Originally posted by medic911:

Is there a command to show FPS? I searched for one, but if it exists I somehow overlooked it.

(Not inconceivable... I'm sick and doped up on Nyquil.)

There is none. Use FRAPS instead and you might see how your High-end card is brought to its knees by this game :eek:

I´m running the german (Paradox) release in v1.01 on a Core2duo@3000Mhz rig with a NVIDIA 8800 GTS card at 1600x1200 and I usually manage to get 10-15 FPS out of this unfinished beauty :eek:

This game is unoptimised, unfinished and still in beta-state, though it has some unsurpassed potential, as you can easily glean from the forum and elsewere on the web.

Wait for the next series of patches which hopefully squash the severe game bugs and performance bugs on NVIDIA and ATI machines and you might see it in its full glory in the not so distant future.

Charles had an AMD system built for him with an 8800 in it so he can fix the problems. However, we are now starting to get reports that the old CMx1 games area also having problems with the 8800. This indicates to us that there are some serious problems with that card when combined some other variable (suspects are multi processors and/or Vista). Obviously new hardware shouldn't be breaking old games. Not ones that have been working flawlessly for 7 years.

The nVidia problem is a top priority for the v1.03 patch.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Charles had an AMD system built for him with an 8800 in it so he can fix the problems. However, we are now starting to get reports that the old CMx1 games area also having problems with the 8800. This indicates to us that there are some serious problems with that card when combined some other variable (suspects are multi processors and/or Vista). Obviously new hardware shouldn't be breaking old games. Not ones that have been working flawlessly for 7 years.

Steve

Yeah its a little strange. TOW has the same problem on my AMD 4400 Dual Core, 8800 GTS and 2GB of RAM. Both games runs just fine on my old AMD 2800, Ati 9800 PRO and 768mb of ram.

I really hope you, Nvidia, AMD/Intel finds the problem some day.

And please say so, if there is anything I can do to help you guys out testing. I have been a beta tester for a couple of games for my time now. The latest have been POA2 from HPS.....

Cheers

Mark

Steve

Steve,

It's not just Nvidia 8800 with AMDs. As I posted in the CMx1 tech forum a month ago the CMx1 games are virtually unplayable on my new desktop with Intel Core 2 Duo Processor with 2 Gig of RAM, a 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS, and running Windows Home Premium Vista 32bit.

The games ran fine on my 5 year old rig with a Pentium IV and 128MB NVIDIA 4??? Video card on XP.

So please cast the net a bit wide when looking at these new problems.

However, we are now starting to get reports that the old CMx1 games area also having problems with the 8800.

Steve

Steve,

don´t know if this helps, but I have zero problems with CMx1 AK/BB/BO on my machine. Also not a single problem with other OpenGL games.

CM:SF however is running...uhm...imperfect to say the least.

Specs are:

Vista Ultimate 32 bit

Core2Duo@3Ghz

4 GB DDR2-800

NVIDIA 8800 GTS 640MB

NVIDIA 162.22 Forceware

Hope you guys can patch this up to a workable state.

cheers

Originally posted by The DesertFox:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

However, we are now starting to get reports that the old CMx1 games area also having problems with the 8800.

Steve

Steve,

don´t know if this helps, but I have zero problems with CMx1 AK/BB/BO on my machine. Also not a single problem with other OpenGL games.

CM:SF however is running...uhm...imperfect to say the least.

Specs are:

Vista Ultimate 32 bit

Core2Duo@3Ghz

4 GB DDR2-800

NVIDIA 8800 GTS 640MB

NVIDIA 162.22 Forceware

Hope you guys can patch this up to a workable state.

cheers </font>

Originally posted by Stryker:

DesertFox - you have a similar setup to me, but in CMx1 the background continues to flash/move when I pivot the viewing camera. Others experience this also.

Did you change any of your settings in the nVidia control panel? If so, which ones? I've tried numerous configurations without success.

I have this background problem only in BB and AK, CM:BO works fine without any background issues. Maybe due to something which crept up in the code of BB and AK ?

cheers

It is probably something we can work around. However, the only way to do that is to get the hardware in front of Charles. The set of ATI OpenGL bugs was a "lucky guess" on Charles' part because there were only a few options to look into. For something like performance... far too many possible reasons for it.

As I said, this is a top priority for the v1.03 patch. We'll keep you updated.

Steve