Two strange new things with 1.04

Guest Guest

Reverse Slope is good cover for the target. (ie. harder to hit)
so, this means we "should" acually be able to target such targets!?

i never can order my troops to shoot on revers slope targets...

it makes sense with direct fire but iam allways pretty pissed when MK19 or AGS17 have "revers slope" displyed...i mean for what are this indirect fire weapons!?

Originally posted by Captain Adultery:

that doesnt sound like a bug, maybe the unit hasnt seen the enemy unit yet, i bet if you go through all the highlighted troops, at least one of them will have eyes on the target

OMG did you even read the post, no i think not!

WHEN YOU CLICK AN ENEMY UNIT, ALL OF YOUR UNITS THAT CAN SPOT IT LIGHT UP. WHEN YOU CLICK ON ONE OF THOSE UNITS 90% OF THE TIME THE UNIT CANT SEE.

is that any clearer for you, cos it sounds and looks like a bug for me.

5p0ktw.jpg

5mcrk3.jpg

246thl3.jpg

2ptwioi.jpg

Reverse Slope has the ability to target. Just harder to hit

Reverse Slope also has the inability to target due to "No Aim Point"

Your still in LOS so you do not receive a "No LOS" you just have a more difficult shot.

[ October 02, 2007, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Huntarr ]

OMG did you even read the post, no i think not!

WHEN YOU CLICK AN ENEMY UNIT, ALL OF YOUR UNITS THAT CAN SPOT IT LIGHT UP. WHEN YOU CLICK ON ONE OF THOSE UNITS 90% OF THE TIME THE UNIT CANT SEE.

When you click on an enemy unit, all the units it can see light up. This does not necessarily mean the units that are lit up can see the enemy unit.

;)

Originally posted by Lucid Nightmare:

This makes very little sense -- certainly not under 'elite' FOW, where this function still operates -- without some extremely good communications interception capability.

...unless it's strictly "might theoretically be able to see" and not "actually is seeing", but even then, there's some very good estimation going on.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Lucid Nightmare:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> OMG did you even read the post, no i think not!

When you click on an enemy unit, all the units it can see light up. This does not necessarily mean the units that are lit up can see the enemy unit.

;) </font>

I think the issue here is that in the game LOS is NOT the same as LOF

So watch does that mean, a unit thinks they see something (LOS to opposing unit) but they don't have a good shot or LOF.

So spotting does not equal %100 chance of shooting as LOS is does not guarentee %100 chance of LOF. I think that is part of the issue with that whole blue target line to the "Reverse Slope"