CMSF ? Good one ...

Hi !

Looks like there's only problems and bad things in CMSF when I read this forum.

At least this topic is opened to congratulate BFC ... smile.gif

I'm only in the first minutes of the campaign (no tutorial for me in CM, thanks ... :D ) and enjoy a good and whole new interesting experience ...

As fas as I'm a cadet officer this game is good for modern warfare tactics, I think. In fact, it's a good beginning. smile.gif

Good one, BFC smile.gif

Paulus

I agree dude, alot of complaints and problems, but, at the end of the day, niggles aside, the game and the experience of ACTUALY PLAYING the game is AWESOME.

I know im going to lose many hours of my life to this game.

Please BFC, yes there are complaints but under all that lies a GREAT GAME.

I THANK YOU SIR'S

Hev

Originally posted by von Paulus:

Hi !

Looks like there's only problems and bad things in CMSF when I read this forum.

At least this topic is opened to congratulate BFC ... smile.gif

I'm only in the first minutes of the campaign (no tutorial for me in CM, thanks ... :D ) and enjoy a good and whole new interesting experience ...

As fas as I'm a cadet officer this game is good for modern warfare tactics, I think. In fact, it's a good beginning. smile.gif

Good one, BFC smile.gif

Paulus

Yes all things considered BF is doing a great job! Sure SF got problems but it's not like BF will abandon ship. Fact is, dev respect for it's community and paying customers is a rare thing these days. Remember, the forum "is" the game ;)

This is one of the best games ever. There is some bugs still (in one campaign sidemission enemy didnt shoot back and hummers dont open fire and hummers dont see anything.) but most of the first campaign missions have been very entertaining and challenging.

I was one of the ones with problems - crashes all the time that made it impossible to even complete a single battle. I was disappointed after waiting for so long for the game. When expectations are high, the disappointment hits you even harder, so I can perfectly understand the reactions of many.

However, I am now managing to play the game pretty much without any problems. I've only had about 2 crashes in the last 2 days, thanks to JaguarUSF's suggestion to remove the Dual Core Optimizer program and to many others who suggested making CM:SF use only one core of my Dual Core processor. Now that I've done this, the game is eminently playable. I have x2 AA and x4 AF, the "better" option set for 3D Model detail and Texture detail, and my framerate is very good (thanks to using only one core, which definitely helps).

Now that I can really begin to get into the game, I too would wish to thank BFC for producing such a remarkable product. Problems aside (which were unfortunate but I now regard as water under the bridge) CM:SF really is fun to play. I find myself playing the same battles over and over again, trying different tactics to see if they will work any better. Its like a tactical laboratory for warfare in the Information Age! I will be playing it for many years to come - and I can't wait for the British to make an appearance!

To all those still having problems, don't give up on this great game. I'm sure that any problems you are currently having will be resolved eventually. BFC have staked everything on this game and I don't think they are going to give up on it - or you - very easily.

Well done BFC - we got there in the end, and that's all that matters! ;)

Congrats on awesome game

Yes, it has some issues, but overall its a fun new wargaming experience. I think we all going to enjoy it more and more with each patch.

Few things I id like to see in a patch:

1.Ajustable waypoints!

2.Smoother camera control

3.Better Tac-AI

4.Better LOS targetting (No shooting through concrete walls with rifles

5.Ability to see all targetting lines/paths

6.Improved pathfinding

7.Better shadowing

Few things I really like:

1.M1A1 tanks are spot-on- Great job!

2.Great infantry models- very detailed

3.Artillery support system is perfect