Stryker Mod Question Re: Cage Armour

I haven't looked, is there a separate .bmp file for the slat armor? If there is maybe you can just remove it from the vehicle folder and the armor will vanish. I did that by mistake with the skirts on my M1 mod and ended up with a rather strange looking cut down M1. So it seems to be possible in some cases.

There is a bmp file called "Stryker Armor" which has the slat armor and the inside of the rear door. You can apply an alpha channel to the whole texture, except for the door, this will remove the cage.

StrykerNocage.jpg

However, as you can see, there are still two artifacts, which look like fins standing out of the rear of the stryker. I have yet to find the related bmp file to get rid of them. If anyone knows, please let me know. smile.gif

[ March 04, 2008, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: birdstrike ]

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I did try a few things but I did not apply an alpha channel since I don't know how. I shall research this and see if I can learn.

I deleted the "stryker armour" file from the original version 100 brz file. The cage remained but changed colour to black.

I also applied a transperancy to the "stryker armour" file but the result was quite bizarre.

By the way nice work Birdstrike. I hope you can find the odd file that contains the fins.

regards John

z1812, I'm only a rookie myself ;) . I'm using gimp, and the way I did it was to add an alpha channel to the texture file, then deleting everything except the door on the lower right corner. Then save it as 32bit bmp.

However without removing the door, there remain some graphical glitches, the cage is still slightly visible when viewed from certain angles and distances. When the alpha is applied to the whole bmp, the cage is gone completely, but the rear door gets transparent, when it opens.

btw, I finally found the fin-file. It's the "stryker-storage-transb.bmp"

For M1A1TC and anyone else interested, I will put an update for my UN mod on CMMODS with an option for choosing between cage and no cage. smile.gif

And I will definitely have to try out making that Bat-Stryker Thanks for the tip. :D