Political Censorship Needed.

Hey, I got manners coming out of my freakin ass. To be honest I havn't been seeing and right/left debates here. Lots of people complaining about stuff that steve has already answered "Why are you forcing me to play americans?" An occational snipe at GWB, but other than that...

So far I've come across three types of "Political" comment,

Anti the scenario;- This tends to be more geoploitical like peoples assessment of the likelyhood of it, I myself have questioned the non inclusion of Israel and turkey, but I don't think that requires editting...

AntiAmerican Bias;- This is people who are upset that the focus is on US forces, and that is more a grip than a political thing.

Anti American;- This is a we don't like what you are doing in Iraq and we don't like you. So far I've seen only one or two incidences of that and they have been blasted from all side, so i'd tend to say let them say trhere worst and then drown them in the derision they deserve.

I tend to think that we can live with the occational nutter, as a reminder that they are still out their and need to be challenged when they speak.

Certainly the some of the most violent and vicious comments i've ever seen ( and I've been in the SNP for ten years and have been an elected councillor) were on here during the US election and it was Americans v americans most of the time.

Peter.

Originally posted by Peter Cairns:

Anti American;- This is a we don't like what you are doing in Iraq and we don't like you.

Hey, I am anti american. However, I don't consider this forum a place to talk about politics. From my point of view, people here want to play a good game and they want to play it well.

As there are hardly any politic debats (which I prefer) I reckon there won't be any political censorship needed.

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Peter Cairns:

... were on here during the US election and it was Americans v americans most of the time.

Peter.

Soon they will be able to fight it out! </font>

Yeah, I haven't seen much that would qualify as political. Most of the crap has just been an ill tempered and ill mannered (i.e. childish) response to our announcement we aren't doing WWII for the first release. If we had announced we were doing American Civil War or Space Lobsters, the amount of garbage posts on this Forum would be about the same. Since I live in Maine I am sure someone would have said I am some sort of pro-Lobster/anti-Crab money grubbing fisherman :D

Steve

Originally posted by stoat:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Peter Cairns:

... were on here during the US election and it was Americans v americans most of the time.

Peter.

Soon they will be able to fight it out! </font>

So far I've come across three types of "Political" comment,

Anti the scenario;- This tends to be more geoploitical like peoples assessment of the likelyhood of it, I myself have questioned the non inclusion of Israel and turkey, but I don't think that requires editting...

AntiAmerican Bias;- This is people who are upset that the focus is on US forces, and that is more a grip than a political thing.

Anti American;- This is a we don't like what you are doing in Iraq and we don't like you. So far I've seen only one or two incidences of that and they have been blasted from all side, so i'd tend to say let them say trhere worst and then drown them in the derision they deserve.

O'h I'm a bit in the first group and very definately in the second group to be sure but for leftist political and geo-political reasons as well. I have been recently reminded that a great professional Army was once lead by a mad man named Hitler who was, and I don't know if this needs to be pointed out, strangly more intelligent than the donkey who thought that he could get away with making up the excuse of WMDs.

[ October 10, 2005, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Zalgiris 1410 ]

Anti American;- This is a we don't like what you are doing in Iraq and we don't like you.

For heavens sake. I don't like what the Bush administation is doing in Iraq but I have nothing against the US! I'm trying to raise a 3 year old kid and one of the most important parts of that is to be able to say:

"I do not like what YOU DID RIGHT NOW, but be absolutely sure that I do love YOU!".

I do quite frankly not understand why it is almost allways impossible to give any kind of critisism about how the war in Iraq was perfomerd without beeing called an anti american? Evey time someone even hints on a forum that "it MAY possibly not have been the otimal solution to the problem" - you get completely bashed, and if the person is from France (which I'm not) it gets ten times worse!

Yes, let the flaming begin - I'm used to getting torn in my arm by my son after trying to explain that it's not a good idea to hit the arab immigrant boy at the playground for borriwing his expensive bike that his parents could never afford... Does that mean that I do not love him?

/mazex

It seems that one needs to qualify critisizing US foreign policy and cultural imperialism with an appology or proclimation that one doesn't hate Americans beforehand or else the Anti-American gagging tag is applied.

I am a basher of Americana I admit it, but that doesn't make me an Anti-American or mean that I hate Americans per se. Of course I have no quams about being described as Un-Australian OTOH!

I support the War in Iraq because Saddam reminded me just too much of Stalin for one thing amoung many and unfortunately the Man of Steel died in his sleep rather than having been removed from his seat of totaliterian power. I just didn't believe in the WMD excuse or that it was a good policy descision to have persuaded the public to go to war on such a fabrication. Nor am I pleased about the Bushian nepotism towards Haliburton et al etc.

US foreign policy and the CIA has a lot to answer for with regard to pissing off a lot of people a round the World for their perceived sack of neccessity during and after the Cold War. They could learn a lot from a good rational study of the bad Nasi policies that created the impetus for a great many bads of partisans particularly on the Eastern Front etc.

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

Because I get annoyed at their ignorant BS and I want to explain to them why they are wrong.

I would really like to hear what part of my post you think is ignorant, if it is one of the post you are referring to.

/Mazex

And I would love to tell you, but this forum is not for politics, indeed, there is no forum here at BFC that is for politics, so instead we should both just shut up and talk about the game. Get it?

That must have really hurt!

****Image of Hortlund , biting off his tongue.....******

And I would love to tell you, but this forum is not for politics, indeed, there is no forum here at BFC that is for politics, so instead we should both just shut up and talk about the game. Get it?

OK, in a CMBO/CMBB/CMAK forum this would be completely out of thread but I fail to see that discussing the actual setting of the game is out of context? If you have any constructive critisism to share, be welcome!

/Mazex