While the Rivers Run Backwards From the Sea and the Grass Is Blue - I Challenge Peng

Originally posted by dalem:

What did I say before we started the game? That no one was going to pay enough attention to the drunken gnome and that that was going to allow him to pull a stealth win.

And 10 hours later I was proven right.

And then I had to watch him caper and sing.

I blame Papa Khann and Lars.

If one is going to celebrate a victory by capering about the room, one should really check and make sure he still has clean underwear on before he puts them on his head.

Just saying.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

What did I say before we started the game? That no one was going to pay enough attention to the drunken gnome and that that was going to allow him to pull a stealth win.

And 10 hours later I was proven right.

And then I had to watch him caper and sing.

I blame Papa Khann and Lars.

If one is going to celebrate a victory by capering about the room, one should really check and make sure he still has clean underwear on before he puts them on his head.

Just saying. </font>

There are some things that stun the mind into uselessness. This was one of those things.

I think I would have reacted more swiftly if a band of giant undead pirate voles had teleported into the room and demanded a game of Strip Canasta at gunpoint.

I mean, at least I'd be expecting that a little.

There are some things that stun the mind into uselessness. This was one of those things.

Other things that stun dalem's mind into uselessness include:

any type of color

small dust motes in shafts of sunlight

the aerodynamics of bumble bees

ice cubes

I Love Lucy

Jerry Lewis

Jerzy Kosinski

accordian music

salsa

jello

round-nosed scissors

bottle-nose dolphins

hammer-head sharks

small-mouthed bass

gabardine

blue Post-it notes

floor tile

a 60 cycle hum

Percale sheets

wood

Ernie Kovaks

thoughts of mortality

celery

lined paper

electricity

the Mayan calendar

tube socks...

(This is just a short list, mind you)

I think I would have reacted more swiftly if a band of giant undead pirate voles had teleported into the room and demanded a game of Strip Canasta at gunpoint.

I mean, at least I'd be expecting that a little.

You realize that a nude picture of Seanachai could cut the war in Iraq short don't you? I can envision it now, like I can envision those cheerleaders playing with a large vat of Crisco oil and some latex accessories.

A large poster of the cherubically grinning little guy, his manhood on display for all to see like a wee mushroom growing out of a patch of steel wool, cheeks all aglow with the flush of victory. Standing with stubby little legs proudly spread, One little fist in the air, pumping in victory, the other planted saucily on one slung forward hip.

This image borne before our forces would stun the Mohammedans into a disbelieving, disorganized muddle of reeling paralytics. They would be totally unable to organize any defense, we could clear out nests of insurgents, run convoys wherever we wanted, build the Jeb Bush Memorial Evangelical Childrens Hospital in the middle of Tal Afar with no opposition, whatever we wanted, it would be incredible.

What a wasted opportunity for the western world. I blame the Australians.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Peng owes me a turn too, but seeing as how he's a Pod, it's understandable that he might forget.

Lies, lies, distortions, half truths and yabbering like some sort of neo-con or evangelical or neo-con evangelical. I can't check the ol' sent folder from here at work, but I bet you a can of Spam brand ham-like meatish and fatty substance that I sent the bloomin thing.

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

A large poster of the cherubically grinning little guy, his manhood on display for all to see like a wee mushroom growing out of a patch of steel wool, cheeks all aglow with the flush of victory. Standing with stubby little legs proudly spread, One little fist in the air, pumping in victory, the other planted saucily on one slung forward hip.

What a wasted opportunity for the western world. I blame the Australians.

Uncanny. Did you download the video 'accidently' too?

Originally posted by MrPeng:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Peng owes me a turn too, but seeing as how he's a Pod, it's understandable that he might forget.

Lies, lies, distortions, half truths and yabbering like some sort of neo-con or evangelical or neo-con evangelical. I can't check the ol' sent folder from here at work, but I bet you a can of Spam brand ham-like meatish and fatty substance that I sent the bloomin thing. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Ummm, Lars, you DO realize the implications of your statement right?

I mean if you look at it logically it certainly seems that (a) (forgive me Peng but this is a matter of some import and perhaps even export and therefore it behooves ... behoofs us to be crystal clear) Seanachai HAD underwear ON at some point ... you say as much in your statement and (B) (I know, I know, it doesn't feel right to me either to use consecutive parenthetical enumeration ... eletteration ... whatever, but it MUST be done) he TOOK them off at some point to put them on his head.

Therefore (xxiii} (that really does work better doesn't it) EITHER Seanachai was walking around ALL NIGHT without underwear on and was, one has to presume, CARRYING it with him OR ... FAR worse ... he disrobed in front of you to put them on his head.

Well, Joe, it seems you nodded off in the middle of an analysis yet again, since you have overlooked a third possibility. Namely, that he stayed fully dressed at all times, including underwear, but had a second pair of soiled undies in his purse for just such occasions, being a foresightly kind of girl...I mean, guy.

But that's okay, Joe. We've come to expect that kind of sloppy, slipshod performance of you and would be disappointed if you didn't come through on cue like a trained seal. I trust this will find you in your usual state of mothball sniffing induced delirium.

Cheers,

Michael

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stoat:

Still wondering about that myself.

You look like that and yet you hang out here?!!!!

Shouldn't you be out snogging all the highschool girls instead?

*I just love giving 'good parental' advice* </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

Lies, lies, distortions, half truths and yabbering like some sort of neo-con or evangelical or neo-con evangelical. I can't check the ol' sent folder from here at work, but I bet you a can of Spam brand ham-like meatish and fatty substance that I sent the bloomin thing. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

Boo's troops are fleeing before my StuG of avenging fury, or somefink. Victory is expected shortly. Thank you for your service.

Yes. ONE green crewman ran away TOWARDS the flag.

It's a veritable rout!

Bah! You caper and dance like Hiram when he's offered a Beggin' Strip. </font>

Originally posted by stoat:

Boo's troops are fleeing before my StuG of avenging fury, or somefink. Victory is expected shortly. Thank you for your service.

It's a veritable rout!

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

It's a veritable rout!

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Ummm, Lars, you DO realize the implications of your statement right?

I mean if you look at it logically it certainly seems that (a) (forgive me Peng but this is a matter of some import and perhaps even export and therefore it behooves ... behoofs us to be crystal clear) Seanachai HAD underwear ON at some point ... you say as much in your statement and (B) (I know, I know, it doesn't feel right to me either to use consecutive parenthetical enumeration ... eletteration ... whatever, but it MUST be done) he TOOK them off at some point to put them on his head.

Therefore (xxiii} (that really does work better doesn't it) EITHER Seanachai was walking around ALL NIGHT without underwear on and was, one has to presume, CARRYING it with him OR ... FAR worse ... he disrobed in front of you to put them on his head.

Well, Joe, it seems you nodded off in the middle of an analysis yet again, since you have overlooked a third possibility. Namely, that he stayed fully dressed at all times, including underwear, but had a second pair of soiled undies in his purse for just such occasions, being a foresightly kind of girl...I mean, guy.

But that's okay, Joe. We've come to expect that kind of sloppy, slipshod performance of you and would be disappointed if you didn't come through on cue like a trained seal. I trust this will find you in your usual state of mothball sniffing induced delirium.

Cheers,

Michael </font>