Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

While the Rivers Run Backwards From the Sea and the Grass Is Blue - I Challenge Peng

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AGP, I have a 8X card and the slot is 4X, but I read that the card will work fine at the speed of the slot, so I dont think that is an issue. I reinstalled the drives just in case one might have gotten corrupt, I have the latest NVidea drivers now.

most agp cards that are x8 are also x4 compatible
I guess your Video card documentation or specifications will inform you if it can handle AGPx4 bus speeds.

Btw I hope you’re aware a new card won't help improve your tactical acumen. It might just make your dying look prettier however.

It was a slow night in the Peng Challenge Thread. The regulars had fallen asleep over their drinks. Even the Aussies had slipped beneath the tables and were snoring peacefully. That is, if the racket they were making could be described as peaceful in any sense. They are the noisiest crowd you ever heard, even in their sleep.

Well, anyway, except for me behind the bar and the piano player idly tinkling away, not much was happening. Then, all of a sudden and without any warning, the doors swung open and this tall redhead in fishnet stockings and not a lot else strode in. She had black patent leather high-heeled boots on and I noticed she had a blacksnake whip coiled around her shoulder. I figured this was a gal the Aussies would take to right away, being as they love being reminded what a passel of losers they are.

She sort of slithered up to the bar and said, "Gimme a shot of rum with a tall glass of the milk of human kindness as a chaser. And leave the bottle"

"Which one?" says I.

"Don't get smart," says she, putting a hand on the whip. "You got some nice furniture in here," says she, casting her glance around the room. "It'd be a pity if it all got broke up."

I leaned my elbows on the bar and speaking very confidentially, said, "With all the Aussies that come into this joint, the management—meaning me—made the decision to invest in disposable furniture. In the morning, before we open up, I just have the boy sweep out the previous night's set and bring out a new one. Since I now own the manufacturer, I make a little going both ways and deduct it from my taxes as well."

"Say, you're a pretty cool customer. I might give you a tumble sometime," says she, "if I have nothing better to do, that is."

Giving herself a complacent smile, she turned around to inspect the room and its denizens more closely. "Who's the big ugly dude under that table over there, the one with the Fu Manchu fuzz on his upper lip?"

"You mean the Fu Manchu fuzz blowing in his fetid breath? He calls himself Mace. Don't know why. Maybe that's what his wife uses on him when he asks for some."

"Wife, eh?" she grunted. That's when I caught the accent I'd been trying to place. Good chance this lady had spent some time in Canukistan. That was enough to send a shudder up my spine, but I was careful not to let it show. They can smell fear.

Michael

Originally posted by stoat:

How old is your motherboard? Does it have a seperate CPU power suppy? The random reboots may (more than likely not) be caused by spikes in required power, and the load may be momentarily too much for the circuit.

The mother board is about three years old, I think

,its an ASUS Ps333, with a P4. I also added a new power supply. I connected a 20pin adapter to the motherboard, another smaller 4 pin connecter, also to the motherboard, so there were two seperate connectors on the motherboard. The graphics card also had its own 4 pin power connection. The new vid card requires 350 watts, the new power supply will produce up to 500W.

I'm at a loss, as usual, its obviously got something to do with the new hardware I addded because my system was rock stable before I added the new stuff.

Oh, and Macey if you think those tanks you are sending up the hill on my right will ever make it to the flag, well all I can say about that is MUHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!

Originally posted by Stuka:

Pretty slow night in the old asylum hey Michael?

Well, we certainly don't see anything coming from your whereabouts that could possibly liven things up. Perhaps if you set yourself on fire and send us the video link, or better yet climb in a hole, cover it up until only your head pokes out...have someone pour honey on you, and then wait until the ants arrive...this could also be video taped, and linked so that we all could enjoy it. You could go to the coin operated laundry (if they have such things down under) get into the dryer, spin around for a while, and then attempt to cross a busy thoroughfare, in other words be yourself, but let us watch.

Originally posted by Stuka:

Don't be cranky, just coz your PC is junk......

Both my PC's and my laptop are working fine...and you don't see me complaining....

Yeah, but its junk with 3Gig of Ram, a 256mb vid card, and a 500 watt power supply. I runs faster, so I can actually finish more turns in between the roboots.

Nidan, try going back a version or two on the video card driver. The latest one is not always the most stable with old hardware.

Rather like Emrys with redheads, there's a good chance of a BOOT if she's wearing the latest racy fashion.

No need to go into the age of his hardware, now is there?

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

What about the ones that came with the card itself? Or was that what you meant?

On a totally unrelated subject, I just did the worst exam in my life. I swear it was so bad, that I think so part of me didn't want to past.

Spelling quiz, eh?