Got myself a soundmod... any takers?

just put together a little soundmod for myself, but i thought i might release it if there was any interest...

its by no means a "realism" mod... its just a bunch of replacementsounds for the guns in the game... most are "kinda close" to what i think the guns sound like (from watching recordings of people shooting them at ranges or in combat) but its mostly just to get a bit more "oompf" in the sounds of the game...

so far ive replaced all the small arms, cannons and all explosions but one...

most of the cannon sounds are from my old combat mission mods and all the explosions are from those mods too...

speaking of wich... i need a good sound for the bradley, Mk19, AGS-17 and GP-30... but they have to fit in to the other sounds of the mod... so i guess that might have to wait until (if) the mod is released... ill have to keep looking myself until then...

PS. reading through the mod tools readme, i noticed that MadMatt had made extensive sound changes to his game... why not release that as a mod Matt?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok... mod uploaded to www.cmmods.com

go ahead and download it if you want new sounds for the game...

ps. this migh be the first mod released that has actually been packed...

not that i needed to mind you... just did it cos im a b-tard hehehe...

that way, should you want to use the alternative sounds ive provided, you'll have to unpack it first hehehehe

mine is an evil laugh! MUAHAHAHAA

Originally posted by molotov_billy:

Cool mod, Oddball! Looking forward to your fixes. Do you have any sounds for the rifle grenade launcher firing? A very distinctive sound.. dont realy like the one that's in there.

Anyway, thanks for the mod.

u mean the M203 or the GP30?

i think i replaced the GP30 sound at least...

the mod is under CMSF scenarios since we cant upload under CMSF mods yet...

Ok, so version 1.01 with lots more goodies is up... well... uploading anyway...

so go check it out (much better IMHO, but i would say that wouldnt I?)

oh and theres another soundmod uploaded by a guy called Mafia, apparently he didnt do any promoting for it here, but check it out too (didnt personally like all the sounds there, but alot of it was good)