Got myself a soundmod... any takers?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw. My (probarbly) last version will be coming out sometime this week...

to be honest its basically done already but i just cant be bothered to upload it hehe...

it will just be the addition of some grenadelauncher and rocketlauncer sounds that have been added...

dont think ill add more...

hehe... thats cos only the first one is played... the one without the _alt addition...

the other ones are just there for you to pick and choose.. if you want one of the alternate sounds instead of the one ive picked so to speak...

just delete the _alt addition if you want that sound instead... (dont forget to rename the "original" one first tho)

Ex. If you want to use the "gun 7 pk_alt.wav" just rename it to "gun 7 pk.wav"

dont forget to change the name of the "gun 7 pk.wav" file thats already there tho... id suggest renaming it to "gun 7 pk_one.wav" or something...

ill be uploading the last version of the mod sometime this weekend i think...

after that i wont make any more changes... i have a couple of things id like to try out, but since i no longer play the game i feel its not important to me...

but if they "fix" the insanely accurate weapons and wierdly coverless terrain (you know... spotting troops way way into a forest and stuff like that) i might come back...

Originally posted by molotov_billy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Other Means:

I'm dumb. What do you do? I unzipped them into my data folder, is anything else needed?

Do the sounds work in game?

My directory tree looks like this:

C:\...\Combat Mission Shock Force\Data\version 444\<sounds and bmps etc> </font>

@OddBall_E8

the soundmod is most awsome!

i am not fond of "all" sounds but 90% of them are exellent.

now i have just one problem, they are too loud when compared with the original sounds. iam not able to hear any motor sounds or soldier voices when i set the volume to the maximal possible level befor the shooting gets too loud.

i know you are finished with this mod but do you know a way to make the sound files more "silent"!? can one re-record them on PC, or any other more siple way!?

it would be a blast if the sounds would match the other stock sounds, so if there is a way i maybe feel like doing that at least for some sounds.

if yes let me know please,

double post, sorry

have to update this here.

i managed to get the sounds match the stock sounds in order to hear "everything" in more or less equal volume.

i took roughly all 1600 wav´s(without "music" and "explosions" folder)embeded OddBall´s latest sound mod in there and normalized all this wave´s to each other. now its possible to hover directly next to a shooting .50 stryker and still hear the motor sounds and human voice around as it is in the stock version.

i didnt cared about the music so i left it out to safe time, and i liked the moded explosions to stay a bit louder so i left them out too.

it doesnt look like anyone else had this problem, but if someone still want the sound files just say.

well... thats one way of doing it... another is to manually lower the volume of all the sounds i have (if you dont know how to normalize that is) by using the standard windows sound recorder program.

just open the files individually and select effects and then lower volume.

oh and i personally dont think you can hear an idle stryker engine over a .50 cal hehe... guns are loud man... very very loud.

another is to manually lower the volume of all the sounds i have (if you dont know how to normalize that is) by using the standard windows sound recorder program.
damn, i didnt knew about that :D i had to find out about normalizing. but was fairly simple in the end, just took a while.

oh and i personally dont think you can hear an idle stryker engine over a .50 cal
the only problem was that at the volume where i could still endure the shooting, i didnt even heared any stock sounds when "noone" shot. they where just much too loud or the others not loud enough. maybe it sounds different for us depending on soundcard and sound eqipment but for me they have been much too loud.

you have to belive me, i like loud sounds smile.gif

but there are just 4-6 layers of brick to the neighbour. so if i dont want him to hear war sounds from his neighbouer, i have to turn the volume down to a level i cant hear the stock sounds. it was like this befor.

sorry, but i needed to state that clear ;)

thanks for your mod!