Nice battle footage

The one thing that bothers me about these fly by night video makers, while over in theater, and being back now, watching their video footage, is simple. Why is the leadership not kicking them in the ass for not maintaining their assigned sectors of security or maintaining situational awareness? Note, while the camera is oriented where the action is initially, down a secure route, inside the FOB, once the VBIED goes off, they re-orient back outside the FOB to film the aftermath of the exploded VBIED. Hmmm, could that have been their primary area of responsibility? More then likely. Could that vehicle have been going for the wall and attempting to enter the compound? Who knows?

Anyway, just being a zealot about the meaning of the General Orders we have to recite from basic training, about "Guarding everything within the limits of my post......" Call me a crusty ol 1SG, but I do not think the film maker deserves kudos, more like a court martial.

That wall is actually near a large field that faces the highway. It's the outer perimeter of the prison compound. The insurgents came from the direction of the highway and attacked the compound. So, the camera was not really pointed at the main attack.

What's funny is....

These guys try to attack the prison and hopefully release some prisoners. Armored units then do raids for the next few weeks in the surrounding areas. We end up bringing all the prisoners to the same prison they attacked.

I always got a chuckle out of that.

Call me a crusty ol 1SG, but I do not think the film maker deserves kudos, more like a court martial.
Well, I'm sure that film maker's chain of command was really busy, fighting insurgents or drinking coffee in the orderly room or whatever.

:D

Just kidding. Being responsible for the behavior of a bunch of immature American teenagers can really be irritating sometimes...especially for their 1st Sergeant.

I think in basic training, it's hooo ah.

By the time you've been in your unit a while, you get tired of saying "Yes, sergeant". So you say "Hooah" or "Roger, Sergeant"....

but eventually Hooah becomes this sort of non-partisan grunt you can use to express many emotions.

Sarcasm, anger, indifference, quiet rebellion, agreement, mockery, etc etc.