Clearing buildings, arduously

A squad is on the roof a multi-level building adjoining an identical multi-level building.

Sargeant: Ok, men, this building is clear. Let's step over this knee high wall and work our way down the through the next one!

Private: Can't do that, Sarge!

Sargeant: Hmmm, I see. Ok, we'll retrace our steps down the 5 floors we just cleared, exit out through the door, look out for enemy fire!, and march up to the roof of this here adjoining building!

Maybe there are some abstractions going on that I'm missing but has anyone run across this situation?

Actually this may be a problem with the map design, not the game. In the editor you can choose roofs that have no concrete barrier between the two, and that allows you to walk between the roofs of each. Even the larger of the two walls lets u do this, and u can still keep the surrounding outerwall if u cycle through enough times.

Still i agree men should be able to climb small concrete curbs.

True, the lip of the roof shouldn't be an issue. If someone has a save game of this happening BEFORE the unit goes running off in the wrong direction, please post here. I'll ask for the save game at that point. Since one will do I don't want a half dozen people emailing me 4mb files. I've only got carrier pigeons for an internet connection, you know!

Steve

Dang, Steve. What would it take to get you decent broadband? Some kind of donation thing?

As for save games, if nobody else has one to hand, I can probably drum one up tonight.

Honestly, Steve, I'm starting to wonder about all of these bugs that only *some* people report. Did Charles use any built-in code optimizations? I've seen some machine- and processor-specific oddities with those before, especially with "little" things like infrequent variable changes. Just a thought, I'm sure he knows all about it.

Cheers.