Wheel of Time CM:WoT

I an not the greatest fan of the Robert jordan books, ( having said that I've read all ten).

But as Steve mentioned at some time perhaps doing a "Fantasy" Cm, I think it should be considered a possible.

It has a well defined world, with a wealth of info, on armies troop types costums and even national tactics.

In addition it seems to me to have a "Magic" that is probably well suited and adaptable to work in CM, somewhat better that the lord of the rings or just a made up version.

Obviously they would have to way up the issue of Royalties to the author with the potential of tapping in to the existing WoT fan base, but I think it's got potential.

Peter.

Well German folk Steve did mention the other day that they are considering doing a Fantasy version with Elves and Trolls based on the CM: 2 engine.

I would not think they would need to purchase a license from a fantasy writer or company holding said rights. But then again they are the only people who know what their future may or may not entail.

Warhammer 40K or Fantasy would rock.

It would also kick the crap out of the current Warhammer 40K game, which goes against all board game tradition and has your usual build-rush tactics.

Ugh.

Common ParaBellum, don't you want to see animated melee combat in glorious, CMx2 engine 3D?!?

Yes you do. Don't lie now. :D

Originally posted by Ivan Drago:

[QB] Warhammer 40K or Fantasy would rock.

I agree. Though I'd rather see them come up with their own fantasy-background, so they could shape it with an eye toward game play. (Not that WH 40K doesn't have fine game play, but we've got WH 40K for WH 40K game play.)

Heh. Especially if they allowed the Beta-testers to beaver away at manufacturing a "history" for the units/OOBs similar the RL histories of the units and formations in the other CM games. We could have fantasy-CM grogs who'd memorized the rough odds of a 60-Thread Necromantic Plasm overcoming a White Zone Oracle at 100 yards, and argue about the sort of tripods actually used when mounting Fire Edge Arbalests.

Hmm... actually, how about CM: SLA Industries? Thresher suits, claymores, gore cannons, Cloak Division special ops... necrothropes, Stormers, and carnivorous pigs. And all run with an eye toward the advertising budget. What's not to like?