Squad ammo depletion - how should it work?

sandy

Playing as the Syrian it is very frustrating (and frequent) to have squads with the RPG gunner killed, but still showing an RPG launcher and mutiple rounds in the squad inventory, that can never be used.

I vaguely recall that CM1 was supposed to model squad sharing of ammo, and using the best remaining squad weapons following causalties(?).

Should there be any modelling of the possibility that another squad member could pick up and use the RPG? This could be done in 1:1 by a move to the red blob of the dead man.

Also I am I the only one who wishes for some simply way to see squad casualties, without remembering how many little weapon icons were present previouly comparted to the present turn, or looking for red blobs on the ground?

[ August 17, 2007, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: sandy ]

Indeed, units pick other mates weapons. I've seen it happen with MG and sniper teams. And can't recall now, but I would say with RPG happens the same.

The mates must be close to each one though, if not they won't pick fallem comrades weapons & ammo.

Red blob? Unless you're playing on an extremely low graphic setting you shouldn't be having so much trouble distinguishing casualties... I don't at least.

Anyway, in my own games I've confirmed that squad mates -do- pick up RPGs from their fallen buddies. Virtually the only time they haven't is when they're fast or quick moving across an open field under enemy fire and have no time to double back and pick up a heavy weapon.

Yes, they pick up weapon and use them

No, you aren't the only one who wants to keep count of the casualties in the Unit Box. Instead of completely disappearing I think graying out the affected soldier or a small helmet would do nicely. Just another way to easily keep track of unit strength.

I was recently trying to test out something regarding ammo consumption and was frustrated in my attempts by unexpectd ammo-sharing among nearby sqauds. Something i had never spotted before. And you've seen RPGs get recovered in-game? Outstanding! Something else I hadn't noticed! I have heard of sniper rifles being retrieved - at least in the weapons list if not the polygons.