Message to Madmatt.

BlAin

Thanks for another patch on which your team has worked. It is much appreciated.

I was wondering if you ever had noticed the elements in the following list: Annoying missing elements (you're invited to contribute!)?

I would like to know if any of these were addressed (or at least a significant number) and if they could be in the future patch (v1.08).

I think that a lot of these elements (and definitely not just those from my post!) would indeed improve the gameplay, its quick-readiness playability and the overall reaction time.

Many of us contributed!

Thank you for your time.

Actually, I did, but as there are many posters who participated to the thread, it is only normal that I bring this out to Madmatt's attention.

There are a lot of them, so I guess that upon reading that list, the DEVTeam will be in a better position to decide whether or not the elements listed from within that thread are, overall, relevant and significant. They will make the best educated guess for their game.

Matt actually isn't the right person to comment on this stuff since he isn't directly involved in testing. As for the thread pointed to... it's way too long for me to get in there and comment on. Many of the items are suggestions and let's face it... for every 1 suggestion you guys have we probably have 10 on a "wish list" gathering dust :( There are only so many hours a day and there isn't enough of them to do 1/100th of the things gamers want in. Heck, I think we could still be working on CMBO right now if we just kept plunking in user suggestions :D

Taking a quick glance through all the requests, I'd have to say that only a small handful of them are up for consideration. The rest of them are not going to happen. Mostly because we lack the time to do them.

Oh, do not worry, I knew that already that you would neither have time nor the resources to cover them all. I was only sincerely asking that someone from the DEVTeam would look at them and actually acknowledge their being at any rate noticed.

If you look at the first post (mine) and you had to choose only two entries, the most important ones in my view are:

</font>

• Once you click on a vehicle, no matter what, if this vehicle carries an infantry unit, it will automatically select it instead of the vehicle. You should be able to select by default the vehicle instead (on top).</font>
  • When clicking with the mouse and setting a path for vehicles their is a "dead zone" around them which prevents setting the waypoint near thembut only if you are using the "above view".</font>

Simply, these two are the most annoying ones. I would be the happiest player (and I am sure that I would not be the only one!) if these could be reckoned in. Thank you.

Yep I was able to order a stryker MGS to move , move , move. Then I changed each waypoint to

wp1: hunt, changed cover arc.

wp2: fast, changed cover arc.

wp3: hunt, face, smoke, hide. (one bad thing is that its either face or cover arc, you can't do a face north and cover arc west.)

Also in my quick test my stryker was blown up by a MBT during its fast move portion so I did not get to see it smoke. However since the earlier move and change cover arc orders stuck I do not see why the others would not.

Sorry it was not a better test but I am pressed for time now as I need to take my daughter to her Lacrosse practice.

Personally, it does not ruin the experience that much (not being able to set waypoint, albeit it is mildly annoying), but not being able to set waypoints close to a selected vehicle (because of the "box" or something alike around the vehicle) and having to painfully set waypoints on short distances (like close to the top of a dune, etc.) every single time: it is QUITE annoying to me.

Sorry, M1A1TankCommander. smile.gif